My keg beer turns a weird color after 1 week!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runswifscissors

Reaction score
I bought a Danby Kegerator and put a keg of bud light in it. I was pouring into those frozen type plastic cups and didn't notice anything strange until about a week later. It tasted stronger, so I poured it into a clear cup and it was cloudy and was the color of a honey wheat. The keg said bud light so I thought it was mislabeled.

I returned the keg and got another one. Poured a cup in a clear glass and it looked and tasted like bud light. A week later the same thing happened. I poured about 32 oz and then tapped another glass, trying to determine if it was in the line or in the keg but it all was the same.

Also, the alcohol content seems to be off the charts. 2 glasses and I feel the effects of a 6 pack, it's so strange.

IMG_0340.jpg

Well the beer is freezing, and the water separating out from the alcohol. Get a thermometer and check the temp. You probably want it at 38-40 for serving bud light

Back