Colorado Springs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XPLSV

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings,

I retired from the US Army four years ago and have made Colorado Springs my home. Did a few batches of wine about 25 years ago, but never got to the beer, which is primarily what I drink. Found this forum a couple months ago while doing some kegerator build research and it has reignited my interested in home brewing. Planning to keg most of my beer (got that equipment, mostly...) and am currently piecing together the rest of my stuff.

Bernie

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service. I was in CS last month visiting family for a couple days. Spent a lot of summers in Victor and Cripple Creek at the family cabin when I was kid. Beautiful area there.

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service. I was in CS last month visiting family for a couple days. Spent a lot of summers in Victor and Cripple Creek at the family cabin when I was kid. Beautiful area there.

That is a beautiful area...often take visitors up there after the mandatory drive up Pikes Peak.

Welcome to the site. I did 4 years at Ft. Carson, loved that place! Can't wait to move back to Colorado.

I had Fort Carson on my dream sheet when I started my career and never got back until the last assignment...and it wasn't Fort Carson, it was working in town for the Missile Defense Agency. Was pretty happy things worked out to settle here. I grew up in Wisconsin--here in Colorado Springs, the winters are milder, summers don't have the humidity, less bugs...and I love the mountains.

I second that! I hit Trinity in Jan '10 when I was last out there. Loved that place. My friend was all worried I wouldn't like it because of the hippy vibe, but as long as the beer is good, who cares?

Trinty, Bristol, and Phantom Canyon are all great in my opinion. So is BierWerks up in Woodland Park - I like the small pub feel that place has.

I really think Manitou Springs could support a brew pub. Anyone wanna be investors? :D

Sorry for the hijack ;)

Well hang in there then. We're committed to it. I started bringing my wife to visit friends almost as soon as we met. She loves Colorado. My cousin is moving to Evergreen next month, two friends are moving there next year, and I have 11 years until I retire. As it stands now, we're figuring on buying a house there about 2-3 years out so she can spend the summers there with the kids to get them used to it.

welcome! I have been reminising over my time in the springs and specifically at Trinity, man that place makes good beer.

Trinity is a favorite spot. Love the fact that they usually have half of dozen of their own brews on tap (and they are, indeed, good stuff) plus up to two dozen guest beers on tap. I was able to have my first taste of Pliny the Elder a week ago...that keg lasted a few days and it was history! :)

I second that! I hit Trinity in Jan '10 when I was last out there. Loved that place. My friend was all worried I wouldn't like it because of the hippy vibe, but as long as the beer is good, who cares?

They do have a bit of "hippy vibe." :fro: But...good people, good beer. Everyone is welcome. If I stop on the way home from work, I've got the coat & tie...and I typically wear a fedora. Or...I might pop in with my weekend dress of shorts, hiking boots, and 1980's Vuarnet glacier goggles. I've sat next to Jason (owner) in both modes...no problems. :mug:

Trinty, Bristol, and Phantom Canyon are all great in my opinion. So is BierWerks up in Woodland Park - I like the small pub feel that place has.

I really think Manitou Springs could support a brew pub. Anyone wanna be investers? :D

I haven't been to BierWerks yet...its on the list next time I head up that way.

There's a new place in Monument, the Pikes Peak Brewing Company, that opened at the beginning of June. Small place near the library...these guys took their home brewing hobby to the next level. They have four of their own on tap and then four or five guest breweries from the Colorado region (think they just added Elephant Rock IPA this past week, which is a little out of Colorado--Salt Lake City). Worth a trip to the north end!

Bernie

This is my old stomping ground as well, but it's gotten way too crowded on the eastern slope for my tastes. That's for overall living, not beer, as CO has some excellent breweries and brewers.

Back to the O.P. - Welcome! This is the place to learn and share!

Back