Cellar Pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mostly interested in lambic and some AWA's these days there are stouts, barleywines, Saisons, and ect. on the bottom shelf. All the bottled homebrew is in my spare beer room, lol.

iZfQcJR.jpg

YG85v8P.jpg

gBznRrW.jpg

Mostly interested in lambic and some AWA's these days there are stouts, barleywines, Saisons, and ect. on the bottom shelf. All the bottled homebrew is in my spare beer room, lol.

iZfQcJR.jpg

YG85v8P.jpg

gBznRrW.jpg

And I thought there was no good beer in WV. I will have to hit you up next time I go to Morgantown for a basketball game.

Feel free. But also don't miss chestnut brew works, he(former homebrew friend) recently opened a tap room. His Halleck pale ale is a legitimate APA.

Feel free. But also don't miss chestnut brew works, he(former homebrew friend) recently opened a tap room. His Halleck pale ale is a legitimate APA.

Sweet. Last time I was there I just went to Morgantown Brewing Company and Apothecary.

I have some nice goose island hookups. I'm told I'll have some rare, but we'll see. These are Just bottles that someone had that gave to my brother. He has a cellar and we have about 500 bottles. I think now 75 bcbs.

Added a few bottles of rare and proprietors to the cellar today. Total of 48 bottles of all 2015 variants added.

I got (overpriced) rare, but no prop this year. Only a bottle or two each of the other variants. For me, 2014 prop didn't live up to the standard set for me with 2013, and I have a hard time believing 2015 will either. That won't stop me from trying to get a prop in trade though. Maybe I just need to brew a BA coconut RIS. :)

Wow, never seen this thread before. Think I'm more jealous here than in the blingy HERMS or 20 tap Keezers. Gott damn

Yes sir. It's how I got into craftbeer. Plus my cousin manages a distribution facility and he gets me whatever I want for very very cheap.

Nice. I don't really drink anything other than BCBS and the sour sisters, but those are all great. Glad In-Bev hasn't caused any issues with those. If you wanna get rid of one of those cheap Proprietors let me know :rockin:

How have i never seen this?!

here is a picture of mine from the other day when i went to the commons, i'll have to get a newer picture with the garage beers... it works out right now for overflow as it's low 50's, high 40's outside and my garage isn't much warmer...

1204151803a by Noah Scott, on Flickr

Personally, unless you come across an incredible deal, the wine cellars are not worth it for beer, IMO. I currently have four beer and wine storage appliances:

Eurocave Confort Vieillitheque (large mohogany finished wine cellar)
Viking Wine Refrigerator
Vintage Keeper wine cellar
Upright keezer

The eurocave stores red wine, the viking white wine, the vintage keeper and keezer store beer. The eurocave and viking are great for how i use them (wine storage). The Vintage Keeper is a cheap POS that I'm ready to replace with regular refrigerator or an upright freezer to keep at fridge temps.

The big reasons are shelving and cost. As blizzard shows above, wine cellars are intended to store bottles on their sides. The eurocave is more flexible than what blizzard's is, but would still need some modification to the shelves to efficiently store upright bottles. I store bottles upright on the vintage keeper shelves, but i have to be very careful to place things in such a way that they do not fall over.

I nearly bought another eurocave this weekend off of craigslist, but decided better of it. The cheapest ones cost $1700 new, the one i have originally cost something close to $5,000. Even at CraigsList prices ($700) I could still buy a new upright freezer or refrigerator for the money and have workable shelving. Of course, the eurocave does better to keep humidity up so that corks don't dry out, but that's not much of a concern on the timelines that most people cellar beer or even wine, it's more of a concern with wine that's kept for decades.

Personally, unless you come across an incredible deal, the wine cellars are not worth it for beer, IMO. I currently have four beer and wine storage appliances:

Eurocave Confort Vieillitheque (large mohogany finished wine cellar)
Viking Wine Refrigerator
Vintage Keeper wine cellar
Upright keezer

The eurocave stores red wine, the viking white wine, the vintage keeper and keezer store beer. The eurocave and viking are great for how i use them (wine storage). The Vintage Keeper is a cheap POS that I'm ready to replace with regular refrigerator or an upright freezer to keep at fridge temps.

The big reasons are shelving and cost. As blizzard shows above, wine cellars are intended to store bottles on their sides. The eurocave is more flexible than what blizzard's is, but would still need some modification to the shelves to efficiently store upright bottles. I store bottles upright on the vintage keeper shelves, but i have to be very careful to place things in such a way that they do not fall over.

I nearly bought another eurocave this weekend off of craigslist, but decided better of it. The cheapest ones cost $1700 new, the one i have originally cost something close to $5,000. Even at CraigsList prices ($700) I could still buy a new upright freezer or refrigerator for the money and have workable shelving. Of course, the eurocave does better to keep humidity up so that corks don't dry out, but that's not much of a concern on the timelines that most people cellar beer or even wine, it's more of a concern with wine that's kept for decades.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll just buy a 3 door stainless (commercial) fridge and install a temp controller.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll just buy a 3 door stainless (commercial) fridge and install a temp controller.

I've been a bit shy of the commercial refrigerators. Energy efficiency and noise scare me away from them. Also, god help you if you want to move one of those up or down even a couple of stairs to get it in a house.

Back