Keezer build - check my shopping list please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madtown Brew

Reaction score
I'm taking the plunge into kegging and I'm still a little unsure on how everything fits together.

Could the resident experts please look over my shopping lists and give feedback? Let me know if I need other items or if the items I have chosen won't fit. I'm starting small with only one tap, I plan to add more as I get the hang of things and acquire more kegs.

From Northern Brewer:

Dual Gauge Regulator with 1/4MFL Backcheck Outlet
1/4" Barbed Swivel Nut
Ball Disconnect 1/4 Barb Gas
Ball Disconnect 1/4 Barb Liq
Ventmatic Forward-Seal Faucet (Shirron)- Stainless finish
Johnson Controls A419 Digital Temp Controller

From Micromatic:

4-1/8" S/S Shank Assembly
1/4" Stainless Tailpiece
Wing Nut
Neoprene Washer
3/16" I.D. Clear Vinyl Hose (20')
5 lb. CO2 Cylinder
Black Tap Handle

So, this is how I understand it all fits together.
Gas side:
regulator fits onto the CO2 tank - 1/4" barb swivel screws onto 1/4" MFL regulator fitting - 3/16" gas tubing runs from 1/4" barb swivel to 1/4" gas disconnect, which attaches to the corny.

On the liquid side:
1/4" liquid disconnect attaches to corny - 3/16" clear vinyl tubing runs from liquid disconnect to barb on tailpiece - Tailpeice fits into shank which passes through freezer collar to outside - faucet screws onto shank.

Use hose screw clamps on any barb fittings.

The freezer will be a 10 cu/ft. Whirlpool chest freezer. I'll build a collar out of 2x6 boards.

I can get used kegs from my LHBS or on craigslist if the price is any better.

What do you think? Good to go?

I would like to know.

popcorn.gif

well, I couldn't wait any longer and have placed the orders. So, let's hope it's all there. If I'm lucky, it will arrive by Friday and I can have the whole shebang up and running by Sunday.

She better order it from Austin Homebrew tomorrow. Big discount on Ventmatics, I'd say get at least 2! There's a thread that I'm way too lazy to link.

Back