Octoberfest Recipe Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbaker33

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick question about a Octoberfest recipe I just got from my LHBS. I picked it up this morning and was just looking at some of the details on it. It says to heat pale malt in the oven at a certain temp, for a certain amount of time (sorry, don't remember details, had a few HB myself and too lazy to get the recipe card) and then rinse into primary with warm water. Anyway, I was just curious what all that really means? Should I grind the grains at all before toasting them?

Thanks,

Mark

it wants you to toast some of the malt. will give you some nice toasted flavor in the end. don't need to grind before you toast them.

it wants you to toast some of the malt. will give you some nice toasted flavor in the end. don't need to grind before you toast them.

thanks for the clarification. and sorry for the delayed response, I've been on vacation the past few days. it also says to steep and then rinse into the primary with 1/2 gallon of warm water, would it make any difference if I rinsed into the boil kettle and boiled that 1/2 gallon of water?

Latest posts

Back