Hello..! Thanks for making a Great Forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trappist Style

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Thanks for a great forum:rockin:

My name is Mike..and I reside in Oklahoma. I found this forum while researching belgian ale. You see..the store that I was buying Chimay at raised their price.Not just once...but twice.The bottles of Chimay just sat there on the shelf until I discovered the Trappist Ale. I would religously trek to the store every couple of weeks and rescue six at a time..lol. Seems the store found a steady source of revenue..and so took advantage. I decided to do something about it (brew my own) and thus found this forum. I did wine 20 years ago.and so felt I could brew beer.
the last Month:
Just to get things going...I did an extract first..a Porter..and I was happy with the results. Even though I drank it before it could age...I felt it tasted good.

So I Jumped into all grain..bought a small Grain Mill...etc. I currently have AHB's version of the Trappist Ale in the primary..it has been Churning for 5 days now...and I mean CHURNING! very active..it surprised me.
I did a single mash Infusion and Fly Sparged. cannot wait to try it ..but I will.Seems that This Type of Ale needs to Age awhile.
Anyway, Hello....and Happy Brewing!
Mike

Welcome! And yes, Belgians, esp big Belgians, take quite awhile to ferment out and to age, but they're well worth the wait!!!

Latest posts

Back