Hello all

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brufish

Reaction score
Hello all! I am just getting into brewing and found this forum on the googles.

I attempted my first brew about five years ago, and that did not go very well at all. I was gifted a small one gallon starter kit, and followed the directions that came with it. It felt like I did not have the proper equipment to even begin. Kit included a one gallon glass jug, and a siphon hose to bottle, and prepackaged ingredients. Needless to say, I had a few bottles explode, shooting wort and glass all over the room. After becoming discouraged with the processes, I took a break from the hobby until now.

This time around I am doing a lot more research, and hoping that I can produce a successful batch. My first attempt is going to be a Sierra Nevada clone. I am jumping strait into an all-grain recipe, so wish me luck! There is a ton of great information here, and I appreciate any advice you can send my way.

Cheers!

Hey, welcome to the community! Good luck with the clone! There are some great recipes for that one floating around here. I make that one myself and it is a favorite!

John

Hello and welcome. There is plenty of good information here. I’ve been brewing for several years now. Every thing I know has come from this site and experience.
Wisdom comes from experience,
Experience comes from bad judgment...

Welcome.
I don't blame you for being discouraged after having some bottle bombs. If you need any help with that, you could start a thread - or ask here.

Back