Is this a good SSR for a HERMS?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are using a 1500-2000W element, sure. Get the heatsink too. If you are using anything larger, might want to score a 40A SSR. You dont want to run near its MAX, or it may not last long.

I was persuaded to buy a 40A SSR for my 23A load on my 5500W element

They also sell a 40A with heatsink for less than $20. I just bid on a pump.... I'm planning on joining your world of electric brewing, Pol. Just seems like I'd like brewing in the basement so much more than in my cold ass garage.

Id get the 40A SSR then... it will handle any load you put it under. Also, with the heat sink... that thing will last forever if you are subjecting it to less than 25A... get it!

I LOVE my system even more now... played with it this last week, plan to mess with it more this coming week when I finally get home from this trip.

YEah, I've been following your build since I first saw the thread. Cool stuff! My oldest son is an electrical engineer, software engineer and a beer drinker/lover, I'm thinking he'll be pretty interested in seeing this all work too. I like the idea that my brews will be repeatable and I'll be comfortable.

Back