Is Giving Away Homebrew As A Reward Legal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CenturyStanding

Reaction score
So, I write a beer and food blog, which needs some major renovations. I want to offer homebrew as a reward for people writing in with suggestions as to how to improve the layout and design, try to get some feedback that way. Is that legal? I'm from New York, by the way.

What's the blog's address?

http://www.pangaeabeerandfood.com/

Despite being active for almost a year, it's still very much a work in progress that I've just poked around at here and there. Up until recently it's been more for my own person interest than to rally support, but over the past few months hits have boomed out of nowhere, so I'm trying to run with it and see where it goes.

I think one of the issues would be shipping to unknown persons. Keep it local. Don't call it a reward. Don't specify a quantity.

Keep it at the, "I'll buy you a beer." level.

Pretty sure that giving homebrew in return for something will constitute a sale or might be construed as one by the LCB in your state. Instead of trying to dance around the rules I'd avoid it because it's cheaper than battling a charge with the LCB.

Back