Your one and only beer glass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I have one of the Sierra Nevada ones. Really nice drinking glass, but so damn thin, I know I'm going to break it soon.

I have a pair of the DFH branded versions, and to be honest I've been using them almost exclusively since I got them (don't tell Koch! ;) ) But, yes, they feel and look frail compared to the Sammy pints...

Cheers!

I find I most often use a standard American pint, though I have a killians nonick the I like. I think if I had to choose one glass, it would be my harpoon snifter, though. I've yet to find a beer I don't want to concentrate the aroma of, and it does that rather well.

British Pint Nonic is my go to glass. Otherwise I keep some thick glassed heavy mugs for guests. Then I use wine glasses for the comnplex beers.

Seriously? No one has the Spiegelau tulip as their #1??

51jY4x5cW%2BL._SY300_.jpg

It's the perfect glass for anything and everything. The fact that it doesn't warm my beer but 1-2*F over the whole course of drinking is quite astonishing.

I have alot of different style glasses, but if I had to pick just one, it'd be this one.

image-1089010596.jpg

Tour glass from a local brewery.

10oz
Heat Treated
Thick side walls
Heavy base
My go to for splitting 12oz with SWMBO, Quick sips from the tap or virtually any style but sours and wheats
(high carb beers throw huge heads with the small surface area.)

24b3xaf.jpg

EDIT: Not my ONLY glass but one of few that sit on the kegerator for ease of access
Also includes a 8oz mason jar, 2 FW mini SNifters, 2 FW pint glasses and 1 delirum snifter.

It's the perfect glass for anything and everything. The fact that it doesn't warm my beer but 1-2*F over the whole course of drinking is quite astonishing.

This guy does! I like its versatility, seems to catch aroma nicely. I can really tell the difference between the Spiegelau and a normal American or British pint glass. Not sure about the temperature thing, I like my beer to warm up while I'm drinking it. Think I found em at Crate and Barrel.

I got this Heineken glass from a bar giveaway and it turned out to be my favorite glass to drink my homebrew from.

Thats a wheat glass, around 22oz? dont think heineken ever released a wheat.

55371020128868780508088.jpg

I find that I go for this the majority of the time.

Stemless wineglasses FTW!!

Duvel tulip glass, Both American and British pint glasses.

I'd say I go to the Duvel glass most often. My favorite thing about drinking beer, is actually the beer that goes into the glass... not so much the glass I'm drinking out of.

If you served the beer in the corrcect glass you would like the beer even better!
Taste is 50% smell 100% of the time! lol

I had one of these and found it was my favorite glass for almost all of my beers. Nothing fancy but for some reason I really liked it, until I broke it. Need to find another, I guess...

These are what mikeller stocks at his new bar in SF. Awesome glasses!!

Not sure about the warming unless u only hold it from the base which seems a little off, even then i like my beer to warm and release new flavors/aromas. This is a GREAT glass and comes in a close 2nd to the 10oz pilsner i listed.

I'm a big fan of my German salt-glazed Goebel stoneware beer krug (lidless stein). Even though I can't see the color of the beer, everything just tastes fantastic out of it, and you can't see from the photo but it has a nice big-'ol handle.

No love for the Willi Becher? I want to drink a full pint of my beer (16.9 oz) and with 21.5 oz total, I can either pour a nice big head, or fudge myself a 20oz pour! Can't ask for anything more than that.

I use mainly 22 oz bottles for me, 12 oz for friends. I bought some 22 ounce beer glasses that are great for all the different stuff I brew:
BigGlass.jpg

Sam Adams glass, no question.

Except for 22oz where I use a Redneck Wine Glass, a 1 qt ball jar. Enough room for one pour and the head without disturbing the sediment for a second pour. Ick.

I gotta find some 24 oz glasses, like those above in post #23.

I also have some .25 litre marked Grolch glasses, perfect for splitting a 12 oz between my son and I. Family appreciation time is good.

Back