Mounting Keg Taps a few feet away from Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithchar526

Reaction score
I have a Coke "True" brand commercial fridge with a glass door so the taps are mounted on the side. I am doing some major remodeling in the garage and will be building a floor to ceiling shelving system and plan on building my 2 fridges into it. With the taps coming off of the side is causing me some design issues. What I really want to do is make the taps come off of the front instead of the sides. I thought I could mount the taps so they come off of the face of the shelving system but still be right next to the fridge. I would only need 1ft-2ft of beer line to be outside of the fridge. I could insulate the lines well but not sure if this would be a problem or not??? I could use just cheap pipe insulation or even make a sealed wood box that attaches to where the holes are drilled and have it filled with great stuff. I am willing to do almost anything but will stop if a blower is the only good option. Just looking for opinions or ideas.

I can make the taps coming from the side work, I would just need to have some plywood that is against the fridge and have the shanks going though the plywood and the fridge but for the setup it would be if I could make them come from the front.

Back