A successful house party...love when homebrew is a hit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife any I had our friends over last night. We don't throw many parties, like one a year.

Anyways, you have your own tap knowing your friends are pansies and won't usually touch your stuff, and then you stock up on wine, bud lights and mixed drinks for them.

They listen to you talk about homebrew, and know you have homemade stuff. So they inquire, and you offer. There ALWAYS seem to be 2 or 3 people who take the homebrew without question. They of course CRUSH pint after pint. One of my wife's friends showed up at the end, and when my wife offered her wine all her friend could say "what homemade stuff do you have?"

You just know the people who sneer and snicker and wonder why your beer is dark and cloudy while they drink their bud lights feel like they missed out when you have that special homebrew buzz.

A good homebrew at a party = FUN!

Even the wife was drinking my ESB at the end of the night.

Sounds like your wife needs to make some wine asap, so it will be ready for the next party.

Sounds like your wife needs to make some wine asap, so it will be ready for the next party.

Ha! We make wine. My wine has never really been any good. We did a Vitner's reserve Reisling which came out soooooo dry it was immediate heartburn.

I may do apfelwein. I could have that, my lager, and a robust porter ready for a winter warmer party.

Latest posts

Back