GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ummmm.....I had something to say.........for some reason, the "buttdouble" post threw me.....

Oh YEAH!

SuperTroopers....AWESOME.

The movie was not terrible, but it was not the book at all. I worried from when i first heard about it because you cannot make a movie with the same sort of newspaper article style chapters where each has completely different characters and have it flow as movies need to.

I hate that they had to have an ending too.

This is how I felt about the Bourne Trilogy. I read the books first. Magnificent. Absolutely awesome. I saw the movies and thought they were awesome movies... except for the fact that they diverge almost 100% from the amazing books. Yea yea, everyone complains that "the book was so much better than the movie" blah blah blah, but seriously, if you enjoyed the movies, try reading the books. Trust me when I say the movies did not spoil the books in the least!

But why not? It would have been totally different and cool as hell. Same worldwide problem - different perspectives.

They just wanted to have 120 minutes of Brad Pitt though, so I get it.

Well, you can't really have a 'star' of a movie that is an event here and completely different one over there. I agree, it would have been nice if they held true to the books style. That is what made the book what it is.

This is how I felt about the Bourne Trilogy. I read the books first. Magnificent. Absolutely awesome. I saw the movies and thought they were awesome movies... except for the fact that they diverge almost 100% from the amazing books. Yea yea, everyone complains that "the book was so much better than the movie" blah blah blah, but seriously, if you enjoyed the movies, try reading the books. Trust me when I say the movies did not spoil the books in the least!

I started reading the books afterward and I agree. Both are solid. Just differnt stories. All they really bought was the character and name there.

What I HATE, is that if I see the movie first, I imagine Brad Pitt as the character, which SUCKS....(beautiful as he is) I feel like your mind should make it's own visuals when reading, not regurgitate what hollywood made up.

What I HATE, is that if I see the movie first, I imagine Brad Pitt as the character, which SUCKS....(beautiful as he is) I feel like your mind should make it's own visuals when reading, not regurgitate what hollywood made up.

That's almost impossible to prevent. I remember when I was a kid I read Steven Kings It. The movie wasn't even close to what I conjured up in my head.

I gotta give credit to Game of Thrones though for its execution from book to film.

I have nailed the appearance of every GoT character so far. HBO got in my head.

Not a Netflix Show, but I've been watching and re-watching "Doraleous and Associates" on Youtube. Humourous adventures of an animated group of mercenaries fighting for good.

The people who make that also have a funny series based on the video game "Battlefield 3" (or Battlefield 4, I can't remember)

This is why I resisted watching The Lord of the Rings movies for a long time. I didn't want my mental images tainted by Hollywood interpretations. I eventually gave in though. I haven't read the books lately, so I don't know what will happen next time I read them.

This is why I resisted watching The Lord of the Rings movies for a long time. I didn't want my mental images tainted by Hollywood interpretations. I eventually gave in though. I haven't read the books lately, so I don't know what will happen next time I read them.

F*CK F*CK F*CK

You will see Elijah goddamned Woods.

:(

Superheroes was really interesting. Painted JMO a picture of both sides of the issue. The insanity of these folks as well as the good they do.

Just got through watching Odd Thomas. I liked it. Of course, I enjoyed the book a while back then upon noticing it in Netflix decided to see how badly they butchered it. They cut out a lot of what made the story what it really is (Elvis and some other great characters) but it was still a good representation. I did not picture Patton Oswalt as Ozzie (I saw someone more looking like the comic book guy from the Simpsons mixed with Silent Bob in my head as he is supposed to be a 400 lb guy) but what can you do.

I really loved the characters in Deadwood (especially Al Swearengen, awesome bad-guy), as well as the setting, etc.... but after a while it seemed like the plots really began to drag. I don't think I ever made it past season 1. Maybe one day I'll give it another shot, I really wanted to like it.

I've been interested in finding something I've started a long time ago, but can't remember what it was called. I think it was mentioned in this thread before...

About the only things I can remember:
- a documentary about the universe
- displayed a series of "seasons" that the universe goes through (ie, ice age, etc)
- the newest "season" of the universe is why our environment is "heating up"
- the "seasons" last approx. so many years

I remember this because it was quite the documentary (I believe talked about here) and how true/good it was.

Anyone have any ideas on what this might be?

I've been interested in finding something I've started a long time ago, but can't remember what it was called. I think it was mentioned in this thread before...

About the only things I can remember:
- a documentary about the universe
- displayed a series of "seasons" that the universe goes through (ie, ice age, etc)
- the newest "season" of the universe is why our environment is "heating up"
- the "seasons" last approx. so many years

I remember this because it was quite the documentary (I believe talked about here) and how true/good it was.

Anyone have any ideas on what this might be?

game-of-thrones.jpg

Been mentioned, but:

Orange is the new Black is amazingly entertaining.

House of Cards is awesome.

I look forward to the next Netflix original series!

Been mentioned, but:

Orang is the new Black is amazingly entertaining.

House of Cards is awesome.

I look forward to the next Netflix original series!

Currently working my way through season 2 of OitNB. I didn't think I'd like the show, but was pleasantly surprised that I did.

Loved season 1 of HoC, season 2 was a bit weaker to me, but still entertaining.

Have you tried Lilyhammer? It's another netflix original series, I think there's 2 seasons out now. It's nothing groundbreaking or original, just a new take on/combination of the fish-out-of-water and mafia tropes, but it's pretty entertaining and well-written. The fact that it takes place almost entirely in Norway makes it interesting on a completely different level.

Thanks! I had missed that one.

It isn't like Netflix makes the shows themselves, but they seem to have good taste!

Back