What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Smoked Lager, a few bombers and about 8 12 oz left, bummer.

1397446427541.jpg

Grav sample of my Nelson Sauvin Saison. First time using the Belle Saison yeast. Good funk but not as peppery as I hoped, still darn tasty though. Starting dry hop tomorrow.

Looks tasty, I love Nelson in Saisons. I've been curious about that yeast and should be getting a sample from a rep I met at CBC, maybe I will use it with Mandarina Bavaria hops.

Community Beer Works stout. Yum. Drink local.

Nice. I'll be trying them out at some point over the next few months.

Split a 32oz growler of evil twin imperial donut break with my parents and brother a bit ago. My mom actually liked a beer! :eek: Figuring out my next beer.

Looks tasty, I love Nelson in Saisons. I've been curious about that yeast and should be getting a sample from a rep I met at CBC, maybe I will use it with Mandarina Bavaria hops.

I agree, I think Nelson is a perfect saison hop. So far from what I can tell I like the result from the yeast. Cant wait to bottle!

CCB Hopped on the High Seas w/Calypso. My least favorite of the series, still decent though.

View attachment 192837
Did anyone pick one of these up? Not sure what to expect from it.

For what it's worth at this point, I picked one of those up last week. Just cracked it open tonight. I thought it was a bratty good sour brown! It was pretty balanced and not too acidic. I am enjoying the hell out of it!

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

Midnight Sun Brewing - Panty Peeler - Belgian style triple. Really good Belgian style from an Alaska brewery. Gone before I even started feeling the 8.5%.

1397451176599.jpg

I really want to make some rice wine but I keep getting confused/reading conflicting reports about how to go about milling the rice any suggestions?

You don't have to mill the rice. I just cook, cool, throw the crushed yeast ball through out the rice and sit. That's pretty much it

Had a bunch of awesome beer yesterday during brew day at Remmy's house. 2013/2014 KBS, Hop Savant, NG Wisconsin Belgian Red with Cherries, Gandhi-bot, NEBCO Galaxy Pale, and a bunch of homebrew. It was a very awesome day.

Now I'm having one of my Abrasive clone because, well... sometimes you have a beer at 845 simply because you can. Or because you want to beat Remmy to the punch. :D

1397479685788.jpg

Coffee. My homemade stir plate wouldn't work for some reason last night so I've been swirling my starter. I think I swirled it too much this morning, it exploded. I am using foil with holes in it to cover it, beer shot from every hole like a volcano up to my top cabinets. I was holding the cat and he hissed at it, it was all amusing. I imagine the starter is fine, but I changed the foil, cleaned up and made coffee. That's enough excitement for one Monday before 9 am.

Had a bunch of awesome beer yesterday during brew day at Remmy's house. 2013/2014 KBS, Hop Savant, NG Wisconsin Belgian Red with Cherries, Gandhi-bot, NEBCO Galaxy Pale, and a bunch of homebrew. It was a very awesome day.

Now I'm having one of my Abrasive clone because, well... sometimes you have a beer at 845 simply because you can. Or because you want to beat Remmy to the punch. :D

Thanks for coming down. Hope you liked that Jester King. :D

All of that beer and smoked wings made for a great brew day. I'll throw some pics up once my buddy sends them over.

Another Coff.

Coffee on a balmy Monday morning.

Coffee. My homemade stir plate wouldn't work for some reason last night so I've been swirling my starter. I think I swirled it too much this morning, it exploded. I am using foil with holes in it to cover it, beer shot from every hole like a volcano up to my top cabinets. I was holding the cat and he hissed at it, it was all amusing. I imagine the starter is fine, but I changed the foil, cleaned up and made coffee. That's enough excitement for one Monday before 9 am.

It may be 10:00 EST, but no coffee for me until about 8:00 PM! As a current night shifter, I'm digging into my second Flying Dog Raging *****... Best. BIPA. Ever...

Two cups of water. Two chicken breasts stuffed with spinach. Brown rice and about a 1/4 lb. of green beans. Currently smashing the tuna salad sandwich with lettuce and tomato, though. Diets are for the weak.

I need a brew.

Pretty good stuff if you like a wisky forward amber. Don't drink wisky(Ive proven myself to not handle it) but its IA Templeton Rye wisky barrel aged beer from Knoxville(which Ive never heard of (the town), but would like to visit this gung-ho Belgian yeast strain loving brewery sometime). I think their amber is actually the only beer not brewed with a Belgian strain. No vanilla though, mostly boozy wisky. And for some reason I had a nostalgic memory of being a kid and snooping through my Grandpas liquor bar and smelling everything which this wisky aroma reminded me of. When I drink this it reminds me of one of my barleywine/strong ales which was a bit on the carmelly-sweet English style- side and a Kentucky barrel aged beer at the same time.

Okay, where can I find this? Love love love Templeton rye! Damn. Rum fruit drinks and cheap cerveza in Panama. Gotta love it!

Yes! You're running out of time before someone from Stone shows up and repossesses it. :p

hehe... Drank my last before flying down here. Wanted to keep it fresh.

Yes, I am playing catchup; expect more consecutive posts. You guys brought it weak; only 30 pages in three days?

Morels are already here as well, I need a fix!

Almost Ramp season in my neck of the woods. Traditional for mothers day! Ramps, shallots, Gruyere Tortilla (Spanish egg dish).

Just harvested a gallon of rice wine. Gonna have a glass, you know just to make sure its not poisoned ;)

I have been too chicken to try. That, or keep forgetting at my local Asian store. Care to send me a sample to help me decide which?

I like this one better:p:beer:

I hate you. I missed the local La Folie release, and KBS due to work. Suck.

Now sitting here in the condo while waiting for the AC guy to come to fix the AC in the SIL room in Panama. Best/worst rental in recent history.

Had a toilet break and flood two floors and require every towel in the place.....twice. AC guy should be here soon, who knows when the electrician will get here.

Oh, well. The view is great, and it is a tropical vacation.

Oh, and about to kill the sixer after rum drinks.

1397510779471.jpg

1397510793774.jpg

Back