Taste differences with Force carb vs priming a keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthrobe

Reaction score
Wow, been a while since I have posted. Well I am now back to brewing again. My past few batches have not really been up to par. From my past notes, all of my batches that I have bottled have much better reviews than with kegging. All of the recipe ingredients and steps have been identicle between two brew sessions and the same style of beer. The only difference that I can think of is the added dextrose to prime the bottles. I usually force carb the kegs. This next keg I am going to condition with the dextrose then hook up to the CO2. Anyone have any experience with flavor differences in this instance.

I do 10-gallon batches and then charge one keg and prime the other. I've not noticed a real difference, except that the charged keg is ready to drink in 5-7 days (I set at 30psi for 4 days and then turn down the pressure) and the primed keg requires at least 21 days to properly carb up.

It may be that kegging and force carbing simply gets you to the drinking stage sooner than bottling and tge beer is a bit more green. FWIW...I find the taste of draft better than bottled.

Back