I'm looking for a good dark beer from Brewers Best?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papinquack

Reaction score
I want to brew something comparable to Becks Dark or Kostritzer Black Lager. Does anyone know which of the Brewers Best kits have flavors simular to these two?

I don't know anything about the two you mentioned, but I brewed a Continental Dark from brewers best, I liked it and I don't like dark beer. Also, I had samples of it for my freinds at my summer throwdown BBQ, and they liked it.

I havent had either of the beers you mentioned either but BB's Irish Stout is a great beer. Even SWMBO and some of her lite beer drinking friends loved it.

SD

I'd second the irish stout comment. I had friends visiting from Denmark and they raved about it continuously. It is very light and smooth on the palate, nice froathy head, and not really all that dry. Would probably be the closest to what you are looking for.

The BB Scotch Ale is also quite tasty. I am not by nature a dark beer fan, but am slowly being converted since brewing my own. I am almost out on the Scotch Ale, but plan a second run very soon.

Salute! :mug:

Back