Black rock - beer kit- recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cell

Reaction score
I have a beer kit of "Black rock East India Pale Ale". It's the metal can type of kits where you have to add sugar and water. I'm still new to brewing using hops and extract. But I learned enough so I'm ready to take the plunge and I would like to improve the taste of this beer kit.

Do you have a recipe I can follow to improve this beer kit? Or any advice about which hops to use(I suppose flavoring hops...)? And the amount of malt extract to add instead of sugar?

Yes it is pre-hopped, however it doesn't say which hops there's inside already. Also, Light malt extract or dark malt extract is preferred for an IPA? And what about hops? The problems is that I have no idea what hops taste like, so it's difficult for me to choose one. :confused:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I abandon this project. I'll experiment instead; I wonder how does it taste to brew a batch of 2 gallon using only a beer kit.:drunk:

Hi, I have one of these kits too, and I was planning on adding the sugar, but also a 1.8kg can of Amber LME, and I'm planning on adding a 15g bag of cascade finishing hops.... I know it won't be conforming to a style or anything... this will be my first experiment, so just interested to see how it goes.
As for halving the water with the kit I think that it might end up a little bitter....?

Latest posts

Back