Gas line tubing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlakMajix

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this tubing is ok for my gas lines? Tubing

My local hardware store has the blue 1/4" ID stuff and the price is good. I know I can order gas line tubing online but this is convenient, cheaper, and if it will work, I'm going to pick some up.

Anyone?

Thanks!!!!

BierMuncher said:
Looks pressure ready. AS long as it fits your gas fittings...that is the important thing.

I do have 1/4" swivel nuts + threaded MFL connects so I believe I'm ok fitting wise. The box the tubing came in at the hardware store said it was rated up to 250 psi which I'm pretty sure is overkill but it's pretty cheap ($0.40/ft) and I like the idea of having the gas lines a different color than my beer lines.

Thanks for the uber fast response and help! :mug:

BlakMajix said:
Can anyone tell me if this tubing is ok for my gas lines? Tubing

My local hardware store has the blue 1/4" ID stuff and the price is good.

Give it a good sniff before you purchase...I bought similar tubing to use with my air compressor and it has a STRONG, overwhelming rubbery smell. I'd be afraid of the odor transferring to my beer.

BlindLemonLars said:
Give it a good sniff before you purchase...I bought similar tubing to use with my air compressor and it has a STRONG, overwhelming rubbery smell. I'd be afraid of the odor transferring to my beer.

Hmmm...dunno if I'd categorize it as a "strong" smell but it definitely has an odor. Might not be worth saving a few bucks if it has a chance of imparting funky smells to my beer :(

Latest posts

Back