1st All-Grain pour notes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbone0n74

Reaction score
Well, I did it! My first All-Grain beer (a Nut Brown Ale) has been kegged and I poured myself a glass today... ok, maybe 3, but who's counting ;) Anyway, I was amazed at the taste difference between extract and all-grain, so I thought I'd share some of my observations.

First off - Head! I have Creamy Head! I never got this with Extract brewing... ever! It even laces all the way down the glass!

Now the taste... it is so much fresher tasting, very crisp and refreshing. I also get a VERY malty lingering in the roof of my mouth that 3 min. after taking a sip, reminds me of how damn good it was.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who helped me make the leap.. I don't think I'll ever brew an extract again! :mug:

I felt the same way the first time i tasted my 1st all grain. I did two extract batches and that was it!! And i never looked back. Congrats.

Have to agree with you tbone, my first all grain was completely different than any of the extracts I had done prior. Some people talk about the extract "twang" and I noticed right away that my all grain did not have that.

No turning back now. :rockin:

Back