What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is freakin cool. I assume you are estimating the srm? I would like to give this a shot sometimes since I just spent $7 + shipping per pound fir 3 pounds of Belgian Candi syrup

Yeah, I'm not too worried about the specific SRM. Just had a color in mind and stopped when I had it.
You should definitely try it. All it takes is heating up however many pounds of sugar you're looking to make with just enough water to dissolve it. Add a little lemon juice and hold between 260-275F, add a couple tablespoons of cold water when it gets too hot. Cook til you reach the color you want, let the temp rise above 300 and pour it in a foil lined pan to cool. Boom! Easy as that and you just saved a good amount of money....in exchange for hours of your life. ;)
It doesn't take long at all if you're wanting clear or amber, though.

@wesleys nice work!

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm not too worried about the specific SRM. Just had a color in mind and stopped when I had it.
You should definitely try it. All it takes is heating up however many pounds of sugar you're looking to make with just enough water to dissolve it. Add a little lemon juice and hold between 260-275F, add a couple tablespoons of cold water when it gets too hot. Cook til you reach the color you want, let the temp rise above 300 and pour it in a foil lined pan to cool. Boom! Easy as that and you just saved a good amount of money....in exchange for hours of your life. ;)

Thanks!

Awesome I'm definitely going to give it a try soon

Coffee and hot chocolate mixed.

Gotta make a list of stuff I need to puck up at the lhbs.

I bet @Qhrumphf is drooling over all of @TobyG 's strong ales ;):p

Thanks!

Making that crystal. Instead of blue its black. Black meth.

Quaffi and a bisquit

IMG_20150117_111143141.jpg

I bet @Qhrumphf is drooling over all of @TobyG 's strong ales ;):p

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 wow

View attachment 249371
Boil under way for a sour saison and belgian ipa with galaxy hops. Drinking Boukevard's Long Strange Tripel. Very tasty stuff.

You brewing the funkmeister! Remember to sanitize anything and everything including the bottom of your sneakers and the garage door opener. :D

Purchased in Ohio? I've had a few of those from Finsfan. Very good. Have you ever had a Dragonmead Final Absolution? Comperable beer that is local. Don't know if you get that in Ohio.

Picked it up in Ohio first shipments of boulevards stuff arrived last week. I've never had the dragonmead final absolution.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 wow

You brewing the funkmeister! Remember to sanitize anything and everything including the bottom of your sneakers and the garage door opener. :D

Definitely inspired by the Funkmeister

Well, I was going to try to bottle my Yooper's Oatmeal Stout today...but daughter is going skating and son feels left out, so I'm taking him bowling. Ah, well.

Coffee.

Back