What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the shop. They race flat track if you cant noticed haha. They also collect. 4 triumphs, 3 old whizzers, couple old harleys, and a simplex auto, among others.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399949740.861606.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399949795.691854.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399950009.242331.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399950030.064194.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399950076.822297.jpg

Dos xx amber served up as a michelada yes yes I know you all think it is swill but I can't let go of my roots after all I do come from the motherland :D

Here's the shop. They race flat track if you cant noticed haha. They also collect. 4 triumphs, 3 old whizzers, couple old harleys, and a simplex auto, among others.

Very cool! Loved it back in the day down in South Texas working crew for a friend driving super streets on a quarter mile bullring.
Now Im having my Hi Nelson! Hibiscus saison.

1399951230879.jpg

Remmy's don't hassle the hefe I believe The big head is my fault but it's very tasty.
Got my head swimming. I have had a few already but dang this put it over the top. Whats the ABV?
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399965748.997490.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just finished the night with a HB ginger infused apple cider. I'm going to put the last of this batch into the fridge when I get up from the computer. The next gallon batch of apple-ginger is done bottle carbing now and a 6gal. batch of apple-ginger cider is nearly done fermenting. It's gone now so no photo.

I could be wrong but I think La Folie is pasteurized. Did you notice a difference between 2012 and 2013? I'm not trying to come off as a jerk. I am actually curious and would be interested if someone knowledgeable could come in and explain to me if a beer still could develop after pasteurization.

Sent from the Bat Cave

All of New Belgium's sours and wilds are pasteurized before hitting the stainless part of their brewery. Souring is done in the foudre room and pasteurized inline before reaching the clean beer side for packaging. I don't think it was the result of any specific problem. Probably just a safe guard. Sucks anyway.

However, the blend ratios should be different every year. So while the beer won't change (in theory) they should taste different (in theory).

Development in the bottle would be based on storage conditions and anything in the packaging. Obviously, it will still be susceptible to handling damage based on temperature and other variables. Whether one would be able to pick them out under the acids and other esters is another thing. One of New Belgium's blenders said the bottle will be how they want it to taste when it leaves the brewery and when you buy it. I think she made mention that there was not any purpose or reason to cellar the beer as it will not change.

I would say it won't change much. Any oxidation it may pick up in the bottle will probably be undetectable compared to oxidation picked up in wood aging.

Yeah, they are pasturized. I did notice that they tasted a little different, and the consisitency/flavor is the reason I am going the vertical route with them. The 12 was a little less tart than the 13 and they had subtle differences in flavor. I would like to think that my pallate has improved so that I can better taste the differences and figure that it should be a reasonably stable beer to taste the differences between one year and the next. Maybe I should just drink them and not worry about it.

Coffee. I have determined that I wake up more often through the night if I eat a fatty dinner too soon before bed. Not to mention that I had a bizarre dream last night and woke up before I got eaten alive by some sort of caterpillers that were over a foot tall. I may not remember my dreams often, but when I do they are really strange.

Yeah, they are pasturized. I did notice that they tasted a little different, and the consisitency/flavor is the reason I am going the vertical route with them. The 12 was a little less tart than the 13 and they had subtle differences in flavor. I would like to think that my pallate has improved so that I can better taste the differences and figure that it should be a reasonably stable beer to taste the differences between one year and the next. Maybe I should just drink them and not worry about it.

Coffee. I have determined that I wake up more often through the night if I eat a fatty dinner too soon before bed. Not to mention that I had a bizarre dream last night and woke up before I got eaten alive by some sort of caterpillers that were over a foot tall. I may not remember my dreams often, but when I do they are really strange.

I still have vertical as well...

Blah...coffee. It's my birthday, I am having an absolute **** week at work, the beer I brewed to have ready for my birthday tastes like a$$, etc.

Basically, I'm being a whiny little b!tch today. On the bright side, I looked at the timing and noticed that I put 6 of these crappy beers in the fridge after only 2.5 weeks so that they would be (theoretically) ready to drink today. Maybe the rest of the beers that will be left at room temperature for 4+ weeks will be better.

Happy Birthday, man!

I'll drink a few beers at lunch for you. Next Tues is my b-day and I will be off the rocker. :D

Happy Birthday, man!

I'll drink a few beers at lunch for you. Next Tues is my b-day and I will be off the rocker. :D

Haha, thanks. I decided I can solve all of my woes for today in one move. I'll stop at the bottle shop and pick up a sixer of something good and a lottery ticket (which I never buy) and I have potential of eliminating both my bad beer birthday and my crappy work week issues in one fell swoop. It's an airtight plan...

Today's lunch is on going the corp card. Expensive beers are on the menu.

More Coff.

Blah...coffee. It's my birthday, I am having an absolute **** week at work, the beer I brewed to have ready for my birthday tastes like a$$, etc.

Basically, I'm being a whiny little b!tch today. On the bright side, I looked at the timing and noticed that I put 6 of these crappy beers in the fridge after only 2.5 weeks so that they would be (theoretically) ready to drink today. Maybe the rest of the beers that will be left at room temperature for 4+ weeks will be better.

happy birthday man! - i hope your day gets better-

age can settle them out sometimes as we all know... what type of brew is it?

happy birthday man! - i hope your day gets better-

age can settle them out sometimes as we all know... what type of brew is it?

It's a SMaSH (2 Row and Cascade) Pale. I thought it would take a shorter time to condition than most beers. My blonde (which is the best beer I've brewed to date) would be already be good after 2.5 weeks at room temp and a few days in the fridge. I kind of thought this light concoction would be, too. Hopefully a couple more weeks help it.

Not yet...

I have a few really good beers in the fridge, actually, but nothing I'm cracking open on a Tuesday night after little girls soccer.

HAha I know you had plans for it. Well whatever you pop open, hopefully it makes today better for you.

Sorry to hear about the beer luck!! Today will get better. It's your motha flockin bday!!make it a good one!! Cheers! ! And happy nappy birthday man :D

Happy birthday man!

Happy birthday sir

Coke with the horribly unhealthy lunch (think "pork rinds") that I picked up at the store. Also picked up a 4 pack tall boys of Griffin Claw Rojo for later. It's warm, but I will just stick 'em in a sink full of ice water before leaving for the kid's soccer game when I get home.

Happy Birthday!

Back