Thought you might like to see where I've been working. (Warning! Beer Pron)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
This is Lazy Boy Brewing in Everett WA. Just north of Seattle

The Brew system
Vegas trip 004.jpg
Vegas trip 011.jpg

Fermenters
Vegas trip 006.jpg

Filtering the IPA
Vegas trip 013.jpg

Bright tanks
Vegas trip 008.jpg

wow - pretty cool. I guess you need to be pretty sure of your recipe before making 500 gallons.

Topia you suck!

That is really awesome man! All that copper and stainless steel is making me drool a little bit. Maybe if I get out that way this Feb I can look you up, and stop in for a beer.

Cheers

Yep, I felt something sticky in my pants after looking at that. It's a bit more roomy than at Stix.

Originally posted by McKBrew
Yep, I felt something sticky in my pants after looking at that. It's a bit more roomy than at Stix.

LOL, yeah about 20x the size of Stix. I'm still there a few days a week as well.

Originally posted by Ize
Wow that looks awesome 'Topia. What do your work days usually involve?

Ize

A lot of cellar work. Cleaning kegs, CIP fermenters & bright tanks, transfer beer, keg, clean out the mash tun etc.

I've been training on the brew system and have performed all the functions there as well. Shawn, the owner and head brewer has really taken me under his wing and has benn very generous in allowing me to learn every function of the operation. I volunteer for most of the grunt work though. It's a huge part of the process and I don't want any illusions of grandure. It's a dirty job...but I love it.

Tom Munoz, the head brewer at Stix where I've also been working has actually allowed me to brew on that system and I'll fill in for him while he's out so I am forever indebted to him as well.

Without these guy's support and confidence, I wouldn't be as comfortable making the transition from homebrewer to opening my own commercial brewery.

Everett!! My Grandparents lived there. I loved it, actually wished I'd moved there sometimes instead of Florida. Used to be able to see Puget Sound from their second story bedroom window I stayed in while visiting. Unfortunatly, they've passed on and haven't been there since '83.

Are you familiar with the area? We used to go to the ferry dock in Mukelteo to fish. There was a place called Taylor's Landing, they had a window you could buy fried fish at for lunch. Wonder how close Diamondknot Brewing is to it....

Cool pics. Wish we had more breweries here in Florida.....

Allan

Originally posted by howlinowl
Wonder how close Diamondknot Brewing is to it....

Diamond Knot Brewery and Alehouse is right next to the Mukilteo ferry dock. They just built a new production brewery dubbed DK II just a few miles up Mukilteo Speedway.

Jeebus, Topia! I must be out of the loop, I didn't know anything about this.... Nice!

Brewtopia said:
A lot of cellar work. Cleaning kegs, CIP fermenters & bright tanks, transfer beer, keg, clean out the mash tun etc.

I've been training on the brew system and have performed all the functions there as well. Shawn, the owner and head brewer has really taken me under his wing and has benn very generous in allowing me to learn every function of the operation. I volunteer for most of the grunt work though. It's a huge part of the process and I don't want any illusions of grandure. It's a dirty job...but I love it.

Tom Munoz, the head brewer at Stix where I've also been working has actually allowed me to brew on that system and I'll fill in for him while he's out so I am forever indebted to him as well.

Without these guy's support and confidence, I wouldn't be as comfortable making the transition from homebrewer to opening my own commercial brewery.

That's superb. :rockin: It's how it is with any biz isn't it? Learn everything you can about every aspect of it in order to run it properly. You know what goes in to the day to day operations that way. And fwiw, I didn't know you were going commercial until I saw the pics in your gallery the other day. Good luck and Godspeed! I look forward to drinking some Naked City here in Central Il. someday!

Ize

Brewtopia said:
Diamond Knot Brewery and Alehouse is right next to the Mukilteo ferry dock. They just built a new production brewery dubbed DK II just a few miles up Mukilteo Speedway.

Crapola! Just last week I had a stone steak and SEVERAL GREAT beers at the Diamond Knot! I was there for two nights and I went there for two nights!

Good to know there are other great breweries to try also for my next trip...

I also experianced the Scuttlebutt...

It is true. The beer is GREAT in Wash...

Lonnie Mac!

Brewtopia said:

Awesome!

Just remember to pay it forward someday when a retired former AF wx guy comes looking for a way to learn the ropes. ;)

That is awesome topia. You are truly awesome for the brewing world. :rockin:

Yuri_Rage said:
I'm going to weld myself some stainless pants...

Dammit, that's sig-worthy... you think I can fit in three?

'Topia, that's very, very, very cool. HIGHLY jealous, I have you know. Just don't do anything stupid like get any Brett into his fermenters, m'kay?

Brewtopia said:

Wow... Maybe Diamond Knot IS the old Taylor's Landing that I remember. Back in '83 I stole a promotion poster for a race at what I believe was the Mukilteo speedway out of the window of a grocery store. Had that thing for years, but it got away from me somewhere....

Allan

EDIT: Still got the poster, but it's for the Olympia Beer 200 at the Evergreen Speedway in Monroe

Back