Adjuncts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keaston78

Reaction score
I was wondering what affects different adjuncts such as Lyle's Golden Syrup, brown sugar, corn syrup, etc., have on a batch of homebrew. I have a porter in the primary right now to which I added an extra ounce of amarillo hops I had lying around and decided to beef it up a little by adding a couple tablespoons of Lyle's Golden Syrup that I also had lying around. Anybody have experience with the stuff? On a related note, does anyone have any experience brewing with chocolate? I am brainstorming ideas for a valentines day beer and a chocolate-raspberry something has potential.

Cheers!

Since these things are mainly sugars, they are going to ferment away and leave behind a little residual flavor and/or color. The sugars will result in more alcohol.

A couple of tablespoons of these things will probably be undetectable.

For your chocolate question, there are one or more threads on here discussing chocolate raspberry porter recipes.

You can also find information with a search on the general question of brewing with chocolate.

Back