Table and Vine Closing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glibbidy

Reaction score
It's true Table & Vine, as well as the Northampton Big Y are closing in a few months. :( I had heard a rumor to this effect several months back, and recently recv'd an email from Maria Themistos confirming the dreaded closure of this Mecca for retail beer purchases in Western Mass.
I know people from all over New England and the Mid-Atlantic region who flock to this place for beer and wine. It's sad to see it go.

SNIP> from Maria's email
Late Fall, early Winter Table & Vine is being consolidated into the Big Y supermarket, which will provide some of the exciting tastes that have been unique to us. Exact product selection is still being worked out so I'm not able to offer you those specifics at this time.

Our West Springfield location [currently Town & Country] is in the process of expansion and renovation. When complete [late Spring] this location will have even more great offerings - including a temperature controlled paid storage area, a rare wine room and a large tasting room for special functions.

All said and done, if you or your friends did not want to make two trips to the West Springfield location, you can always order over the phone or internet and we can have your order waiting for you when you can make it in for pick-up. We can also ship to any Massachusetts residential address.
SNIP>

Sheesh half the fun was walking aimlessy up and down the aisles looking for obscure offerings.
Maybe we'll just have to have our beer shipped to the Birds house for pickup. :p

Glibbidy said:
Sheesh half the fun was walking aimlessy up and down the aisles looking for obscure offerings.
Maybe we'll just have to have our beer shipped to the Birds house for pickup. :p

All for a 10% commission (payable in beer), if course... :D

This sucks. I do make it down to Springfield on occassion (my brother lives in the area), but this is still a pisser. Grr...

Damn... :( :mad:

SUCH a phenomenal store, both for beer and for wine. The best *I* have ever been in. Pisser, too, as it was a good source for stuff that lots of West Coasters can't get, like Weyerbacher, so this is a limiting factor in doing more commericial swaps.

Sad morning...

Back