Bottling/ Carbing Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdf191

Reaction score
Are hard ciders normally served carbonated? Is Ed Worts afelwein normally carbed or uncarbed? Im thinking bottles commercial drinks like woodchuck is carbed but is that normal for hard cider?

Can cider be bottled into growlers with a screw cap (like the kind from microbreweries)? Can once its bottles will it keep in a growlers as long as closed regular bottles?

Pretty much I want to have jugs of hard cider to open up throughout the cold months instead of single bottles. Plus im to lazy to bottle atm.

I like to use 12oz. bottles because that is just right for 2 6oz glasses. After 2 glasses it is back to beer for me. A big growler, for me would go flat before I drank it. I have bottle primed with apple juice, with priming sugar, and with honey.

mdf191 said:
Are hard ciders normally served carbonated? Is Ed Worts afelwein normally carbed or uncarbed?

Ciders are generally carbonated to some extent from the fermentation.

mdf191 said:
Can cider be bottled into growlers with a screw cap (like the kind from microbreweries)?

Yes.

mdf191 said:
Can once its bottles will it keep in a growlers as long as closed regular bottles?

Sure as long as you don't open the growler. :mug:

Back