Brett c. clearing time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nberk

Reaction score
I have a 100% Brett c. (WLP565) pale ale that I'm getting ready to drink. I brewed it 8 weeks ago, moved it into a keg after 6 weeks crashed cooled it and added Biofine clear at that time. It has been two weeks at 33 degrees and I've still got cloudy beer. I'm curious of other's experience with clearing of this yeast. It's my first 100% Brett beer.

Are you sure it's the yeast and not a protein issue? Why not drink it a bit warmer? It’ll taste better and you won’t have the chill haze (assuming that is what the issue is).

I did a 100% Brett C ESB in February and they are crystal clear in the bottles right now. Like Oldsock said, probably a protein issue.

I wish it was just a chill haze. I let it warm up to room temp, but it's still pretty cloudy. The beer was dry hopped lightly (1oz for a 5G batch) and I know that can cause a haze along with other causes. To me it it looks more like a fine yeast haze (like my Brett starter looked).

Anyway, there's not much I'm going to do about this but wait. I was just curious of other's experience with clearing times. I know that Brett doesn't floc out like most Sacc strains, but I was expecting better clearance after two weeks cold and with a clarifying agent.

20120713_101457.jpg

Back