What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start another thread on it, but:

In fermenter is an IPA

And is this bad or just yeast that never fell?

257746d1424388910-whats-your-fermenter-s-imageuploadedbyhome-brew1424388910.645589.jpg

Looks like yeast rafts/leftover krausen to me. How does it smell, taste? You are fine.

Just moved a batch "Merlin Blackberry Red Ale" into secondary. I CANNOT WAIT to drink this beer. Maple Bacon Ale on deck for this weekend or next!

5.5 gal of some possibly (probably?) tainted (infected?) blonde ale... 😞

Found my primary lid unseated about 10 days after pitching.

Friggin'... Fargin'... Varmint... Critter!

Let that Blonde ride and see what happens!

I currently have 3 gallons of German Pilsner bubbling away in my fermenter. Its slowed way down now to only maybe 1 bubble every 10-15 seconds and Krausen has dropped off. Only brewed it up this past Sunday (pretty fast fermentation for 53F IMHO, but I did also pitch a 1L starter aggitated with a stir plate in to 1.052OG wort...which at least by Mr. Malty math, means I probably overpitched by a good 20-30%).

Lets see if I can remember all the damn gallon jugs I have....

6 gallons hefe
6 gallons citra rye saison
6 gallons of De Bom sour
6 gallons of Brett Brawl (ECY34)
5 gallons of RU55 clone
5 gallons of kriek
1 gallon sour saison
1 gallon brett saison
1 gallon brett buffalo sweat
1 gallon sour tripel
1 gallon brett tripel
1 gallon lambic
1 gallon duce saison - sour
1 gallon duce saison - brett
1 gallon sour hefe
1 gallon sour citra rye saison

10 gal of milk stout. gonna rack it to secondary this weekend & throw in some oak chips.
10 gal English Bitter.

4 gallons - Almost a Home Run (Tripel)
1 gallong - Cherry Porter
4 gallons - Coconut Porter
5 gallons - Basic Blonde
5 gallons - Cream of Three Crops
4 gallons - San Diego Common (Anchor semi-clone)

Up next:
My annual Saison
Super Orange Wit
Mosaic Pale Ale

Lets see if I can remember all the damn gallon jugs I have....

6 gallons hefe
6 gallons citra rye saison
6 gallons of De Bom sour
6 gallons of Brett Brawl (ECY34)
5 gallons of RU55 clone
5 gallons of kriek
1 gallon sour saison
1 gallon brett saison
1 gallon brett buffalo sweat
1 gallon sour tripel
1 gallon brett tripel
1 gallon lambic
1 gallon duce saison - sour
1 gallon duce saison - brett
1 gallon sour hefe
1 gallon sour citra rye saison

Holy crap. Are most of them long term ageing? With obvious exceptions :)

All sours/Brett beers at the moment, all my clean beers have been packaged.

~5.5 gallons Flemish Sour Bourbon Barrel Oatmeal Stout, brewed September 2013, bugs added November 2013, gonna bottle it next month.
~5 gallons Brett C Bitter. Brewed May of 2014, Brett added in June of '14, bottling it in June '15.
~3 gallons Spontaneously Fermented Cider (various apples). Acquired Oct '14, bottling June '15.
~5 gallons Brett C Old Ale w/ Tawny Port Oak, brewed in Sept '14, Brett added Oct '14, bottling Oct '15
~5.5 gallons Flanders Red w/ Cabernet Sauvignon Oak, brewed November of '14, bottling/blending May '16
~5 gallons Turbid Mashed Lamebic, Chardonnay Oak, brewed Oct '14, bottling/blending Oct '17.

And then the most recent ones,

~10 gallons Oud Bruin, brewed last weekend, bottling/blending Aug '16
~10 gallons Flemish Pale Ale (a la Petrus Aged Pale), brewed Friday night, bottling Aug '16
~5.5 gallons Session Kriek (1.030 OG), brewed this morning, racking next year during cherry season onto 5 lbs fresh tart pie cherries, and then bottling a year after that, ie summer '16.

It doesnt have a name but its a pale ale ish thing.

4kg pilsener
1kg munich
100g chocolate

90min boil

30g nz cascade @ 60
30g pacifica @ 60
28g nz cascade @15
29g pacifica @ 15

Mangrove jacks west coast ale yeast.

OG 1.060

No idea what uts going to be like, also might do a dry hop of riwaka when it shows up.

I haven't brewed in like two months, I really need to get moving.. my pipeline is starting to dry up...
Primary - air
Secondary - air

5 Gallons - Blonde Ale
1 Gallon - Sour Funky Cider
1 Gallon - Berliner Mead
1 Gallon - Bochet mead fermented with Brett C and B
1 Gallon - Lambic Mead aging on fruit

Riwaka? Sounds jawanese...:D Got the 1st FG sample of my kottbusser just now. Got a couple more points to knock off yet. Sweet/tart flavor already, before molasses & honey go in. nice buzz too. Good on a cold day. Makes me wish my bottled ESB was ready for fridge time.

- One gallon of a high-ABV hopped apple mead... we're in the aging stage now, the long stretch in secondary.
- One gallon of all-grain barleywine... still in primary, not sure when to pull the trigger on bottling. May adulterate with candi.
- One gallon of Honey Rye braggot... all-grain mash with rye and caramel 60, hopped, with honey doing most of the heavy lifting.

A 1g test batch of a pale stout that I tried to make. I'm thinking it's going to turn out different than I was expecting. And a 5g batch of Caramel Amber Ale. :)

So While we're talking about fermenting, the waiting on these beers is killing me. Methinks more brew days is the solution.

I have a great fermentation solution for anyone like me who is banged up at the moment. I'm recovering from a broken leg so I can't move around easily or pick up the weights required in brewing.

Edwort's Apfelwein - 5 gallons. I just did it all in the kitchen and moved it into the pantry while balancing on my good leg. Can't wait to get back into some beer brewing though.

I have a great fermentation solution for anyone like me who is banged up at the moment. I'm recovering from a broken leg so I can't move around easily or pick up the weights required in brewing.

Edwort's Apfelwein - 5 gallons. I just did it all in the kitchen and moved it into the pantry while balancing on my good leg. Can't wait to get back into some beer brewing though.

You sir, are setting the bar for the rest of us. Way to get in there and do a batch while you're banged up. I'm sure there's a clever name for the batch in this story somewhere.

You sir, are setting the bar for the rest of us. Way to get in there and do a batch while you're banged up. I'm sure there's a clever name for the batch in this story somewhere.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll come up with a name for it after I've drank a bit of it.:mug:

Or I'll be passed out on the floor calling Edwort an MFer

5.5 gallons of arrogant bastard clone waiting to be bottled and 5.5 gallons of freshly brewed pale ale

I've finally gotten time to brew again!

Here's what is going so far -5 gallons each of
- Russian imperial "slim" (care of bad efficiency on a new system)
- Classic American Pils
- Irish Red

Hoping to get some Marzen and SWMBO Slayer going this weekend.

I've totally been eyeballing the harbor freight hydraulic cart (holds up to 500 lbs) for counter to floor transfers. This makes me feel like a total wuss ;p.

Latest posts

Back