So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taos has been hammered with snow! If you are going skiing, you will have a great time :)

Unfortunately we wont be able to go skiing. We typically keep our ski stuff in Taos but brought it all back after Christmas because I wanted to make a trip out to Colorado to visit a friend. If that same friend wouldnt have been coming up to visit last weekend, I probably would have made the drive down to Taos after I heard they got over 4 feet of snow in a week! We are flying this trip though and cant fit my board and my girlfriends skis on the plane. :(

Dipa today with citra, Columbus, simcoe and amarillo. Can't wait about to start boil I'm 30 min.

Caramel amber ale is supposed to be on the docket this weekend. Gotta knead the permission out of my wife, though. She's very supportive of my brewing, except on brewdays... :drunk:

Have ingredients for two batches pirates strong ale (all except the Meyer's rum) and co3c.

However, I have two seperate dilemmas I must wash 100+ bottles to empty two better bottles. Secondly, i don't know if I want to heat the house that much as I brew in the kitchen currently.

Too much homebrew, what a problem to have, eh?

We are flying this trip though and cant fit my board and my girlfriends skis on the plane. :(

Boo hoo. #privateplaneproblems :cross:

That sucks though. At least brew day is back on.

Other commitments have come up for tomorrow, but I'm still going to bang out a quick extract batch of Belgian single (starter for a quad). Also bottling some more brett saison.

Boo hoo. #privateplaneproblems :cross:

That sucks though. At least brew day is back on.

Other commitments have come up for tomorrow, but I'm still going to bang out a quick extract batch of Belgian single (starter for a quad). Also bottling some more brett saison.

They have a 76" base right now! That deserves a huge boo hoo! :D

I've been having trouble deciding what to brew this weekend and finally put together a recipe this morning with ingredients I already had at the house. It will be a Hibiscus n' Honey Cream Ale. The hot break is forming as I type and it's promising to be a good one!

I'm doing a Fresh Squeezed IPA clone this weekend. Hoping it turns out well, first time using Mosaic hops so I'm excited to check them out and see how they taste/smell

No brewing, but just dry hopped an IPA fermented with the Vermont ale yeast (and some wlp001 because it slowed a lot at 1.018, down to 1.014 now though). Little too cold for it to finish by itself.

Then got a decently sized citra IIPA about reading for cooling & dry hopping, and a 6% oatmeal stout about ready for chilling.

Not looking forward to bottling all that

Just finished Yooper's Stone Ruination. Think I hit my numbers. Chilling the wort down to fermentation temps and will pitch my starter here in about 20 minutes. Sure smelled good!

Got pirate strong ale recipe (I'm taking a pirates of the Caribbean reference and calling it jacks strongarm ale) boiling away right now while I sip on mysticmead's raging red ira recipe I brewed

Planning on bottling and brewing after work today. Co3c getting brewed and most likely the common room ESB going into bottles. Never multitasked like this before but co3c mashes long enough I figure if I start sanitizing bottles right after dough-in timing should be ok.

15 litres of Lacto Brevis soured hoppy Motueka Saison.
Going to be great for the hot months here

Bought the grains and hops for Yooper's Stone Ruination. Going to try and get it brewed tomorrow or Friday if possible. I plan to pitch it onto the yeast cake from Yooper's Stone IPA :)

I've begun to be a Sun after church brewer. Hang out with the family on the deck, brew, eat lunch, chilax, and maybe watch sports on TV. This Sunday I have a multi infusion batch sparge Dunkel Weizen planned.

Just "finished" a batch of my session RyePA/lawnmower beer. The quotes are because I only had enough ice to get my batch to 130 f so it is "no-chilling" on the deck until morning...or afternoon.

Pushed the limits of my stove top BIAB experiment and still got 78% efficiency. Should (maybe) be the last of three such tests to see if I can reasonable convert to an all manual eBIAB system for winter and (maybe) continue a version of my 3-tier for the other 6 months of the year.

On my way to the LHBS for the grains to do a batch of Dead Ringer IPA. I hope to be able to brew it outside this weekend. Weather permitting.

I've got a smoked porter kit that I'll probably get going this weekend. After that it's all grain for 4-5 brews to get me through the month of April!!

I don't know if you have checked out but morebeer is carrying a blood orange syrup

I intend of brewing 2.5 gallons of a blood orange hefe if I can get my hands on some good blood oranges.

I also have 5 gallons of oatmeal stout ready to bottle.

i am brewing my birthday beer, an American Pale Ale. my first APA all-grain style.
today i shopped for the specialty grains i needed and some DME. created the starter with the DME, California Ale Yeast WLP001. having a prep day today. i will brew tomorrow afternoon.

I vote for Saison: I might be bias, but it is the time of year for saison.

Welp... I almost got saison stuff, then I decided to do the Zombie Dust clone.

Then I wished I had settled on the saison.

Dem Citra hops tho... $22.

That's what I get for not buying online.

Festa Wheat kit this weekend, hoping to try a pineapple addition to it. Son's 1st birthday (Hawaiian themed) in a few months and I want to perfect a nice summer time sipper. So this is my first shot at it. Wyeast 1010 American Wheat starter cold crashing tonight. Going to decant and pitch tomorrow.

Back