What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cafe Femenino Dominican Republic Barahona. Better than any Hawaiian Kona or Jamaica Blue Mountain and so much cheaper

Well i'm freezing my ass off at home and its just in the upper 50's in my house. The cold and me have a love/hate relationship

love/hate? or just plain hate?

on my 2nd cup here. I think it's colder in Austin this morning than it is at home. That's just not right...

On my first cup of my pot o' coffee. It's sad that I have my heat set to 72 in the apartment and I still feel cold. 10yr old me in -40f winters in Montana would punch current me in the berries for this.

Glad I'm home, what a nightmare that was driving earlier. And a -5 wind chill to go with it........ I need a freaking drink

ForumRunner_20131210_113943.jpg

Glad I'm home, what a nightmare that was driving earlier. And a -5 wind chill to go with it........ I need a freaking drink

Luckily for you, Michigan is relatively flat. :D

I remember bringing my snowboard with me to Michigan on a work trip. Nothing like 15-second runs from the top of the mountain (hill) to the lift. :D

Luckily for you, Michigan is relatively flat. :D

I remember bringing my snowboard with me to Michigan on a work trip. Nothing like 15-second runs from the top of the mountain (hill) to the lift. :D

Yeah, just a few hills to contend with on the drive back home but nothing crazy

finsfan said:
We all aren't that fortunate! If I could, I would live in CO and be doing the same thing, but for now the twice a year trips to Taos will have to suffice
Sorry I was rubbing it in a little bit:) come up to VT and we can hit the mountain and get tanked off of some decent brews

One of these 5.

From left to right are samples of:
Amber ale 2.0 - ready to bottle.
Holly Ale - ready to bottle.
Apple pie cider - using nottingham yeast it fermented down to 1.002, I thought that was weird. Will back sweeten with 1 gallon of apple pie juice (apple juice with cinnamon and vanilla flavor.
Honey orange hefe - brewed 11/28 and seems like the yeast may have conked out. It is at 1.038 used WLP320 and OG was 1.062. I am thinking I may need to repitch.
Cream ale, that may be infected but it is delicious. I already posted it to another thread for posterity.

This is what I am doing between being slammed with meeting after meeting today. :(

IMG_5967.jpg

One of these 5.

From left to right are samples of:
Amber ale 2.0 - ready to bottle.
Holly Ale - ready to bottle.
Apple pie cider - using nottingham yeast it fermented down to 1.002, I thought that was weird. Will back sweeten with 1 gallon of apple pie juice (apple juice with cinnamon and vanilla flavor.
Honey orange hefe - brewed 11/28 and seems like the yeast may have conked out. It is at 1.038 used WLP320 and OG was 1.062. I am thinking I may need to repitch.
Cream ale, that may be infected but it is delicious. I already posted it to another thread for posterity.

This is what I am doing between being slammed with meeting after meeting today. :(

View attachment 165278

Thats quite the impressive lineup you got there!

I've never had to snow-blow with a buzz. Today's the day. I hope it goes well. Bring it. If my driveway weren't 240 yards, I'd be in a better mood. Is Florida taking any applications?

HB Gandhi
View attachment 165302

Farmhouse pale, checking notes for the sour patch. First batches of wlp 665 and ecy20 are both coming up on a year.

image-2413168208.jpg

Nothing right now, but every time this truck drives by I feel the need for Masala Mama and Ragamuffin chicken. Weird... :D

2013-12-10 14.44.36.jpg

I have a can still. I can compare all 3. I mean, for science.

Yeah... science... that's it ;)

Very nice. Last time I had the smoked porter it was the chipotle pepper one and that was pretty good, but I like this one a lot more. Not that one is necessarily better than the other, just my taste preference.

20131210_164700 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Nice import score for me today. A Kostritzer Schwarzbier. Probably not very exciting for you guys in the USA, but here in Guate a real treat.

ForumRunner_20131210_162934.jpg

Finishing up those samples I took.

So I'm going to ask an off topic question. When yeast says this:
High attenuation, reaching a final gravity near 1008 (2°P).

That is reading FG can be 1.008, right? I just want to make sure I am not misreading. I did 5 gallons of cider with 3 lbs DME and 1 packet of yeast. It looks like it is finished because the gravity reading today is 1.008. I will take another sample in a few days, but I believe this is the gravity that it will be at in a few days.

KTHXBAI. :ban:

Finishing up those samples I took.

So I'm going to ask an off topic question. When yeast says this:
High attenuation, reaching a final gravity near 1008 (2°P).

That is reading FG can be 1.008, right? I just want to make sure I am not misreading. I did 5 gallons of cider with 3 lbs DME and 1 packet of yeast. It looks like it is finished because the gravity reading today is 1.008. I will take another sample in a few days, but I believe this is the gravity that it will be at in a few days.

KTHXBAI. :ban:

Yep, 2*p is 1.008

Hello said:
Finishing up those samples I took. So I'm going to ask an off topic question. When yeast says this: High attenuation, reaching a final gravity near 1008 (2°P). That is reading FG can be 1.008, right? I just want to make sure I am not misreading. I did 5 gallons of cider with 3 lbs DME and 1 packet of yeast. It looks like it is finished because the gravity reading today is 1.008. I will take another sample in a few days, but I believe this is the gravity that it will be at in a few days. KTHXBAI. :ban:
I'm far from a cider expert, but I don't think it's finished at 1.008 even with the dme.

Back