Do 10 pound tanks fit inside the sanyo fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
Do 10 pound tanks fit inside the Sanyo Fridge? I have a 10 pounder and a 20 pounder, and am thinking of downsizing from my 14 cubic foot chest freezer to a sanyo, but was wondering if I could use my 10 pound tank or if I would have to buy a new 5 pounder for this operation.

I seriously doubt it, though I haven't tried it... but my 5lb tank and 2 kegs are a pretty tight fit. I still have the molded door panel in place so you might gain a bit more space with it out, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a 10lb tank fitting.

You could always put the tank outside the fridge and (carefully!) run a gas line inside.

I haven't tried it either, but I seriously doubt it. I don't have a whole lot of room left with 2 kegs and a 5 lb tank.

I have a 10 lb and it fits. There are 2 shapes of 10 lbers, one is taller and skinnier, that one doesn't fit. There are shorter fatter ones, that one fits. You have to mod a shelf to hold the tank, if you look at the pics in the linked thread above, the shelf I have is identical, I just have a 10 lb. tank on it.

Funkenjaeger said:
You could always put the tank outside the fridge and (carefully!) run a gas line inside.

You don't have to be terribly careful. Just run the gas line in through the drain hole in the back. By all accounts, this doesn't mess with normal operation.

:mug:

Spyk'd said:
You don't have to be terribly careful. Just run the gas line in through the drain hole in the back. By all accounts, this doesn't mess with normal operation.

:mug:

I have a 5# CO2 tank in the fridge but I also ran a line through the drain hole for an external beer gas cylinder. It hasn't caused any problems that I've seen.

Back