Do you know BEER???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
80%

I was boned on the "Beer Law" question. I still think that water, grain, hops and YEAST was the correct answer...but I'm probably just being a bitter beer.

I also thought that the CR was the largest consumer of beer, but I can forgive that mistake. The beer law question is probably going to keep me up tonight, though.

80%

I was boned on the "Beer Law" question. I still think that water, grain, hops and YEAST was the correct answer...but I'm probably just being a bitter beer. ...

If it wasn't for a whole lot of smarter folks on HBT that oft pointed out that it was literally a couple hundred years before Bavarian
brewers actually discovered yeast was what turned sugar into beer, I would have missed that question, too...

Cheers!

The thread title is a little misleading. It should have indicated that the "quiz" is very US-centric. How is a non-American supposed to know what the oldest brewery in the US is, or what the best-selling brand is, or which state has the most breweries?

I got all the actual BEER questions correct. But I missed all the pointless US retail statistics trivia.

70%, I failed to take into consideration that the czech republic was the highest consumer in 2009 but now I have a new quiz tidbit.

80%..Missed the state question and the country. Palau my ass..

Same here. I thought for sure it was the Czechs. Should have figured though, the one country I've never heard of, there is probably a reason they were on the list and it wasn't random chance.

The thread title is a little misleading. It should have indicated that the "quiz" is very US-centric. How is a non-American supposed to know what the oldest brewery in the US is, or what the best-selling brand is, or which state has the most breweries?

I got all the actual BEER questions correct. But I missed all the pointless US retail statistics trivia.

At least you live next to them :D
I actually got those 2 right but it was because of stuff I have read on HBT, otherwise I would of been stumpped. The biggest beer I "guess" (was probably 95% sure) the Bud that is closest to water would be it!

90% stupid last question on which country consumes the most I picked Ireland seemed right

90% Whoop!

I only missed the question on country who drank the most. I am guessing Palau is getting a lot of help from tourists (who are not being counted as inhabitants).

Palau...seriously!? Every other time I'd seen that stat, the Czechs won. I demand a recount.

I got 80%...second guessed myself on the last one and put Wisconsin.

Back