What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm not thrilled with it. Maybe if I'm happy with next version I can give it out. I used 2 beans and 2 oz of cacao nibs in secondary. Not so sure about the nibs, but I overcarbed the beer a litte so it's hard to be 100% about what to change

I'm not thrilled with it. Maybe if I'm happy with next version I can give it out. I used 2 beans and 2 oz of cacao nibs in secondary. Not so sure about the nibs, but I overcarbed the beer a litte so it's hard to be 100% about what to change
Over carbed brew will give you an inaccurately high acid flavor. To much carbonic acid dissolved in the brew. The rest of the flavor profile will be the same. I hope that helps with your adjustments.

The third 12 oz glass of 10% cider with a double shot of rum. I think I'll be heading to bed soon. Otherwise, I'm liable to wake up in this chair...

Since I've been on a bottling rampage and thought I'd see what might be ready to move to cellar.

image-2169292874.jpg

Latest batch of bíere de garde.

Leadgolem said:
Over carbed brew will give you an inaccurately high acid flavor. To much carbonic acid dissolved in the brew. The rest of the flavor profile will be the same. I hope that helps with your adjustments. The third 12 oz glass of 10% cider with a double shot of rum. I think I'll be heading to bed soon. Otherwise, I'm liable to wake up in this chair...

You're trying to tell me things about beer? You drunk? ;)

TNGabe said:
Fair enough. When you perfect it, share it. :)

More blatherskite. Delicious.

Looks good gabe.

I won't lie, it tastes as good as it looks. I think I've got the recipe dialed in at this point. It is a little annoying that even when I try and make clean beers so i'll have something to drink 'quickly' it still takes 4 months. ;)

Ab-so-fraggin-lootely! Aren't you?

Nope.

Fair enough. When you perfect it, share it. :)

More blatherskite. Delicious.

As LG mentioned, the carbonic acid makes it hard to tell if the beer is too roasty or if it just seems to roasty because it's overly acidic. I do think I'm going to try using some honey malt in the next batch. I'd planned on using it in the chai stout I'm going to brew with/for the Mrs. so maybe we can do a ten gallon batch and split it.

Today was a success went turkey hunting i didn't get anything but the 3 friends i brought all got something... Then ate smoked pork shoulder and chicken for dinner then went to a turkey raffle where i won 11 Turkeys and a bunch of capons.... Now home after my gf had to pick me up cause I'm a puddle haha... Drinking a hb black ipa making a starter for tomorrows Russian imperial stout brewday

Whoops. Just broke out one of my week-old bottles of saison, to check on it. I held it up to the light to admire the color, and asked myself, 'WTF? What's that bit of stuff swirling around and drifting down in the glass?' Then I realized, 'uh-oh. This is a bottle-conditioned beer, one of the last ones of the batch I siphoned, and I just upended the bottle and poured the dregs right into the glass.' Can we say sediment, boys and girls? I knew you could...:p

I don't have the vocabulary yet to describe the beer properly, but I do smell a hint of bubble gum - and taste it, too. It built a surprisingly strong head, even though it's only a week into conditioning and not that carbonated yet; it's a nice amber color and a bit cloudy (no surprise; a fourth of the grain bill was wheat - half raw, half malt). But I may have gotten carried away with the Mt Hood hops, even though they aren't normally considered overpowering. I'm hoping the hoppiness simmers down as the beer conditions; I didn't intend to brew a Belgian IPA.

My hydrometer went AWOL a while back, so I don't have reads to figure the ABV. But even though it didn't taste particularly alcoholic, I can feel it already - like I just slammed a 24 oz Bud at the end of work on a hot summer day.

mcbaumannerb said:
So just checked results from the comp I entered and got a bronze for my schwarzbier and a silver for my wee heavy. I'm pleased with those results for my first comp! :)
That's so awesome! Congrats!

I know right dam the nights I'm up and drinking and no ones up what's up hello how is your night going lol

...Nope...
Well, that's a shame. I give myself one night a week to get hammered. This turned out to be it. Three glasses of cider with a double shot of rum, and the world is spinning a bit. I'm about at my comfortable limit. Much more and I might actually get sick.
This makes me sad. :(

My mild with a venison sausage. Tasty combo

View attachment 159317
I need to find somebody local who wouldn't mind trading venison for HB. It's been a while, and I'm missing the flavor.

Slow night.
He's not slow, the footman is just fast...

1fast636 said:
I know right dam the nights I'm up and drinking and no ones up what's up hello how is your night going lol
Haha well yanno. I'm here. Drinking so it's that.
Leadgolem said:
He's not slow, the footman is just fast...
Well played sir, well played.

Leadgolem said:
I need to find somebody local who wouldn't mind trading venison for HB. It's been a while, and I'm missing the flavor.

Well it's not gonna be me. That was from a local sausage place. San Francisco doesn't exactly have any deer running around...

Well it's not gonna be me. That was from a local sausage place. San Francisco doesn't exactly have any deer running around...
Denver does. :) That and antelope. I'm not certain, but I think antelope is so numerous there isn't any season on it. IE: you can shootify them any time without a license.

CliffMongoloid said:
Chugging water do i don't feel like a b**** tomorrow

I hear that good call. I didn't mean to drink my 6er of jai alai while hanging with the little brothers tonight. It just happened. Now I'm at the lady' apartment drinking some Hendricks and soda before we call it.

Back