Would videos of a Sanyo conversion be useful?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
I recently ordered everything that I need to complete my Sanyo conversion and will probably be starting it within the next month or so.

There are many good posts here by Orpheus and others that include a number of detailed photos and great instructions to help people do the conversion, but I wanted to get some input as to whether or not it would be worthwhile to document my conversion with video and make it available on YouTube.

If it's already been done I have not seen it. If so, then I won't bother. It seems to be a source of a lot of repeat questions for those just getting into kegging (myself included) and could prove useful to those looking to do conversions in the future.

Thoughts?

+1 on the videos, I think they would be great.

Yuri and Bobby have great videos, and I think the videos bring the point home better than a post with just pictures and text.

i am going to be moving to kegging very soon, and i am also going to attempt a similar (hopefully sanyo) conversion for a kegerator.

pics and instructions help, but personally i think a in depth video would be really cool. step by step, DIY channel style, haha.

This would be helpful. Also, do you have a list of all the parts you used, or did you just buy a kegerator kit? Regulators, couplers, tubing, faucets, tower... I'm looking to do this soon with nicer faucets than come in standard kits, but not sure about all the little parts required. Anyone see such a list?

I think people appreciate videos on any topic and since there are none on conversion, it'll be well received. My big question is, what should my next video be about? I need some ideas.

Bobby_M said:
I think people appreciate videos on any topic and since there are none on conversion, it'll be well received. My big question is, what should my next video be about? I need some ideas.
People have been suggesting I do a video of the racking-cane-bottle-filler demonstration. I'm not much of a videographer and it seems to be a popular topic.

Probably could be a 2 minute or less video.

That would be my suggestion.

Yea do it...

But you have to make it like the car shows...where they are like, "We're gonna drop this transmission and install a new one during this short commercial break". Then you come back from the commercial and it's all done and cleaned up. LOL.

Or, were gonna just put this blower right on top of our custom made intake manifold we just whipped up.

LOL...actually don't do it like that cuz we all know it aint that easy :)

ohiobrewtus, this might also be worth posting to a site like instructables (www.instructables.com) or some other more widely viewed DIY website. i know this site carries a large population of homebrewers but there may be other homebrewers and beer enthusiasts out there who could use the info as well.

+1 to instructables: it's definitely a good option, and it certainly gets a lot of exposure as people will stumble across it while looking at other random stuff on there. Plus, it's an obvious choice for how-to articles since it's made for it.

+1 to any kind of video tutorials if you can manage it, they do help to get the point across pretty well for certain projects, and I think a 4912 conversion would benefit pretty well, as there's certain details (like checking for freon lines and the drilling process) that aren't necessarily fully driven home with just a couple of simple pictures.

And finally, +1 to a video of BM's bottle filling method - I've tried it just once and it is just as easy as he says it is, but for anyone who needs a little more convincing/motivation to try it out, a video would really seal the deal.

Latest posts

Back