What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be my taste buds right now, and will try again tomorrow but I wish there was way more coffee taste to this. I don't taste any of it right now. Tastes great, just not the coffee kick I was hoping for.

ForumRunner_20131007_232508.png

Swarley88 said:
Could be my taste buds right now, and will try again tomorrow but I wish there was way more coffee taste to this. I don't taste any of it right now. Tastes great, just not the coffee kick I was hoping for.

That's a pretty unique tulip glass you got there!
I don't recognize the label. What bells is that?

Edit: Nevermind. Java stout. Was hard to read on mobile.

That's a pretty unique tulip glass you got there!
I don't recognize the label. What bells is that?

Edit: Nevermind. Java stout. Was hard to read on mobile.

Yep and I am not too very good with a camera and usually have a flashy blur in my pics haha. And thank you, just got this glass a couple nights ago.

Just finishing this up, moving onto the Ballast Point Imperial Porter.

Swarley88 said:
Yep and I am not too very good with a camera and usually have a flashy blur in my pics haha. And thank you, just got this glass a couple nights ago.

Just finishing this up, moving onto the Ballast Point Imperial Porter.

Nice! My brother is in San Diego right now. Not sure if he will make it to Ballast Point, but he did make it to Lost Abbey! He won't tell me what he got for me, but he said he got me two from my list I gave him! I hope it was Cable Car and Duck Duck Gooze!!!

Nice! My brother is in San Diego right now. Not sure if he will make it to Ballast Point, but he did make it to Lost Abbey! He won't tell me what he got for me, but he said he got me two from my list I gave him! I hope it was Cable Car and Duck Duck Gooze!!!

Ohh would love to get some Lost Abbey. Also their cool looking glass. The wine -ish looking glass that's all cool. xMalachi is always posting pics with that glass style.

Swarley88 said:
Ohh would love to get some Lost Abbey. Also their cool looking glass. The wine -ish looking glass that's all cool. xMalachi is always posting pics with that glass style.

Maybe he got a glass too, but I doubt it. I'm really starting a pretty decent glass collection now. Time to take this to a whole new level! I just made the executive decision!! (Not sure what that means, but it sounds good!) he also picked up a brand spankin new Stone/10 Barrel/Bluejacket Suede Imperial Porter for me. I hope it's as good as the W00t Stout was!

Maybe he got a glass too, but I doubt it. I'm really starting a pretty decent glass collection now. Time to take this to a whole new level! I just made the executive decision!! (Not sure what that means, but it sounds good!) he also picked up a brand spankin new Stone/10 Barrel/Bluejacket Suede Imperial Porter for me. I hope it's as good as the W00t Stout was!

the W00t Stout was great. I have a pretty good glass count. About 25 glasses ranging in styles.

Swarley88 said:
the W00t Stout was great. I have a pretty good glass count. About 25 glasses ranging in styles.

I'm embarrassed to say that my collection stands at about 6 or 7 different styles/breweries. I can't get an accurate count since I haven't been home is about three weeks. My bro looked for the W00t Stout, but as I expected, it was completely sold out. I'm glad you got to try it!! I can't wait to try the Lost Abbey stuff!

I'm embarrassed to say that my collection stands at about 6 or 7 different styles/breweries. I can't get an accurate count since I haven't been home is about three weeks. My bro looked for the W00t Stout, but as I expected, it was completely sold out. I'm glad you got to try it!! I can't wait to try the Lost Abbey stuff!

Don't worry it builds up quickly. I had about that much glassware a couple months ago and now I am looking at a whole bunch. I have always loved glass. I can do lamp-work and fusing. Cannot do blowing yet but will be taking classes for that soon hopefully.

mcbaumannerb said:
Coffee. Trying to wake up after barely sleeping last night with what feels like the start of a sinus infection. :(

No bueno!

I've had 3 pints of water and one packet of emergenC so far. I don't feel hungover, so wondering if I'm still :drunk: Glad the Oerbier only made it to the fridge and weren't drank last night. I appear to have bottled one batch last night, might get that cleaned up and try to bottle another before tackling 100 lbs of tomatoes that need canned.

2nd cup of coffee after picking my son up from his 2nd job @ 6:30. He was def Freddy Flameout this morning. Now he knows how I felt...:drunk:

Coffee. I'm gonna sleep this afternoon so I can go to work at stupid o'clock tonight. No beer for me today...

Channel66 said:
I'm on the coff as well. Also smoking a cigar on my deck still trying to relax. I've been smoking more and more cigars lately.

Hear anything from the police yet? Do they even care?

Hear anything from the police yet? Do they even care?

They spent a few hours yesterday investigating the scene. Not sure what they have found from that yet. We'll see. I think they are interviewing the contractors and employees at some point today. I'm hopeful but not really counting on results

Channel66 said:
They spent a few hours yesterday investigating the scene. Not sure what they have found from that yet. We'll see. I think they are interviewing the contractors and employees at some point today. I'm hopeful but not really counting on results
Sorry to hear about your things getting ripped off. I have a buddy that is an architect that collects guns and wine. He built a hidden gun/wine cellar in his house, since he had the same thing happen, and unless he shows you where it is you don't know it's there.

Channel66 said:

Not sure exactly where in ME you live, but often small town pice are better for this sort of thing bc they don't see too much action. Good luck, hopefully they are able to help you.

Thanks Nuke! I was so happy to arrange some through a trade. I mean SUPER happy. Its pretty damn tasty. Similar to Heady, but lacking the Conan touch. have you started a thread for your clone? I would love to attempt it. Just not sure where to start with the hops. Killer beer though.

I havent started a thread yet, but I will now that you mention it. Didn't think to do that before. I'll do it when I get home because that will be a lot of typing and I don't feel like doing it on my phone.

I agree. I have had a 60, 75, 90, and 120 min IPA. I am not a huge fan of how they tout "Best IPA in America", for their 90 minute IPA. I like he 75min IPA. The 120 I had, was not very enjoyable. I would try it again, but its not high on my list. While they do have great beers, I choose to buy others when at the store.

Currently enjoying my Firestone Union Jack IPA Clone. Spot on other than the hazy beer I made haha

Did you use the CYBI recipe for the union jack?

Talked to Rob at Nebco today and was looking for their new Barleywine. They told me it was sold-out within a few hours of being released at a nearby liquor store. I saw about 25-30 cases of it at the brewery today. Not much beer. On the bright side, they'll be producing much more beer when they move across the road in December. Construction has already begun. I am looking forward to it.

TH Professor Caterpillar (thanks Mark!!!) with a ginormous salad. Getting ready to finally start tackling tomatoes.

Drinkin some 6 point sweet action. After scoring a 2011 green flash barley wine today. Thanks Kahler.

My Ninkasi Believer Double Res clone. I'm getting toward the end of the keg- I'll definitely have to put this into my brew schedule again & soon!

Back