Converting Haier Kegerator for Cornies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guppergoo

Reaction score
So I have been a lurker for quite some time - but have never even brewed a batch before. The wife finally got tired of me talking about it and bought me most of what I needed plus a ton of gift certificates to the LHBS in Nashville. She even got me cornies and a kegerator ( http://www.haieramerica.com/fr/product/HBF05EBSS#features )! We are getting ready to keg our first batch tomorrow but I am stuck...

My question is how to convert the lines that are currently on it to work w/ the corny keg connectors. The liquid line that is currently on the sankey tap that runs to the tap handle is 3/16 and the co2 line is larger than that. It is not marked. How can I step these down to the correct size on the corny connectors? I believe they are the standard barbed 1/4. Thoughts?

Pix can be found here http://www.flickr.com/photos/guppergoo/sets/72157625877593662/

A 1/4 barbed can be pushed into a 3/16. Bit of work, but a nice snug fit. I actually prefer it since it makes the hose clamp essentially a decoration. Can almost guarantee will be no leaks from that part!

A 1/4 barbed can be pushed into a 3/16. Bit of work, but a nice snug fit. I actually prefer it since it makes the hose clamp essentially a decoration. Can almost guarantee will be no leaks from that part!

Like Danaldor says, it will be tight, but it will fit. I do it by boiling a cup of water in a pyrex glass and put the tubing end in the water for a few seconds, then quickly push the barb in while it is hot and pliable.

The 1/4" MFL barbs fit the CO2 line also. Just snip the lines and put your new connectors on.

A word of warning... once you have this setup with one corny, you're going to want more than one tap. You can fit 3 cornies in that kegerator very nicely. A dual tap setup is a must!

Back