Kegging Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HossTheGreat

Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up a kegerator on Craigslist. The one I'm looking it is currently built for full size/pony kegs. What all would be involved in changing it over to a corny system? What parts would I need to change out? Thanks!

Does it come with a keg?
Technically nothing would need done. You can refil standard kegs by removing the diptube.

But most homebrewers use Ball locks so you'd want ball lock kegs and connectors. The shanks, faucets, tower, fridge would all be fine.

Post some more info about what all it includes.

From what I understand, it comes with everything...tap, lines, co2 tank, and a standard pony keg.

Does it come with a keg?
Technically nothing would need done. You can refil standard kegs by removing the diptube.

But most homebrewers use Ball locks so you'd want ball lock kegs and connectors. The shanks, faucets, tower, fridge would all be fine.

Post some more info about what all it includes.

Is it a full-size refrigerator, chest freezer, or mini fridge?

If you post the craigslist link, we can all see it and comment.

Eric

The add only shows a fridge and co2 tank and doesn't mention coming with taps and faucets and shanks.

I emailed him and he did say that it came with everything needed, including lines, c02 tank, tap, and keg. Of course I've never kegged before so I'm not really sure of what all is needed.

Back