Any Gamers Out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreakinA

Reaction score
Anybody here into videogames at all? I used to be a pretty big one, but now am getting more and more involved in school. Im pretty unbeatable at NCAA 09, and when I get a chance(and some cash) am getting Gears of War 2. My Gamertag is FreakinA, so add me up and we can get HBT going soon!

I lost about a year and a half of my life to Halo2, and probably my entire teens to goldeneye, but other than that I just stick to my Wii games now.

I lost about a year and a half of my life to Halo2, and probably my entire teens to goldeneye, but other than that I just stick to my Wii games now.
Ewww, I bought a Wii for my wife and I can't play that thing at all. The graphics are very very poor compared to 360 and PS3 and the game titles are crap. Everytime I look at that damn thing I think to myself, "I could have had blueray" :mad:

Anybody here into videogames at all? I used to be a pretty big one, but now am getting more and more involved in school. Im pretty unbeatable at NCAA 09, and when I get a chance(and some cash) am getting Gears of War 2. My Gamertag is FreakinA, so add me up and we can get HBT going soon!
I love to play games but just computers, PS2, and Wii. No xbox at all.

Ewww, I bought a Wii for my wife and I can't play that thing at all. The graphics are very very poor compared to 360 and PS3 and the game titles are crap. Everytime I look at that damn thing I think to myself, "I could have had blueray" :mad:

I like it... yes graphics blows haha but u know... for those games it doesnt matter.

I saw an advert for the LightSaber game on Wii. Looks pretty cool. Once in awhile I'll play some XBOX (original) online with a couple of friends but not too often anymore.

I am more of a PC gamer than a console gamer, although I have a few consoles too but usally those are reserved for Katamari Damacy.

I love Total Annihilation even though that is 12 years old! Supreme Commander is pretty good. I like RTS the most but I do enjoy a nice action FPS :D

I spent many night bleeding my eyeballs out til the break of dawn playing games like Halo, Silent Hil, Need for Speed, Flight Sims, etc.....

I have both the PS2 and the Xbox Classic but, have only just reconnected them after nearly a 2 year break. Now I find it hard to find games for them as I rarely buy vids and typically rent games til I beat them. Seem all the shelf space has been cleared for PS3, Wii, and 360.

I have no plans to buy a new console until my 1st born is old enough to go head to head with me. By then, I am sure there will be the Wii3, PS5, or the Xbox1080. :D

I used to game, mainly from the Unreal Tournament series. Our team was in the GGL Americup Invite years ago for 2k4. Wow enslaved my teammates though :(.

and when I get a chance(and some cash) am getting Gears of War 2. My Gamertag is FreakinA, so add me up and we can get HBT going soon!

I just picked gw2 on Friday, still working on the campaign, it's decent.

I just picked gw2 on Friday, still working on the campaign, it's decent.

decent?

i honestly thought it was one of the best games to come out in a long time. an amazing story with great action, tons of blood and just alot of overall fun.

i just beat it today on hardcore and i'm hoping the message after the end of the credits implies what i think it does:ban:

gonna start playing it on insane and try to get my rank a bit higher online.

Ya, me and my roommate beat Gears the day it came out on coop. Pretty fun, but I haven't got around to playing online yet since there never seems to be anybody on.

Ya, me and my roommate beat Gears the day it came out on coop. Pretty fun, but I haven't got around to playing online yet since there never seems to be anybody on.

a buddy and i started co-op last night, pretty fun as well.

online is tricky with their new ranking system. i find it easier to get into games if you have a small party of people rather than trying to go in by yourself.

for instance, i can get into a game with a party of 5 almost instantly. if i'm by myself, i could take a few minutes or more... easily.

btw.. if anyone wants to play gears, my tag is riored4v.

Ugh.. play too much

Right now :

BF2
MK Wii
Zelda TP
Homeworld 2
HL-2
Counter Strike
I modded my xbox.. so I have like 40ish games on that..
Any c&c

decent?

i honestly thought it was one of the best games to come out in a long time. an amazing story with great action, tons of blood and just alot of overall fun.

Yes, decent, it's to short like the first one was. The graphics and gameplay are awesome. I just wish it wasn't totally geared twords online play. I don't have all day to wait for matches. I guess that's the difference between 39 And 26.:mug:

Gamer tag- allgrain brewer

Got GoW2 and Fallout 3 couple days ago. Gonna wait till this weekend to play GoW2 w/ a bud. Fallout 3 is pretty cool so far

Broke down and got the new Gears today. Lovin it. Im riding some crazy locust flying beast and shooting down other ones. C'est la vie.

Ugh.. play too much

Right now :

BF2
MK Wii
Zelda TP
Homeworld 2
HL-2
Counter Strike
I modded my xbox.. so I have like 40ish games on that..
Any c&c

I didn't realize they came out with Homeworld 2. I am close to finishing TP on the gamecube (yes I said gamecube :p). Have been playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion on and off over the past year.

Got GoW2 and Fallout 3 couple days ago. Gonna wait till this weekend to play GoW2 w/ a bud. Fallout 3 is pretty cool so far

Fallout 3 is the crashiest game I have seen in a long time it is very cool otherwise though. Hopefully it is patched soon.

Yes, decent, it's to short like the first one was. The graphics and gameplay are awesome. I just wish it wasn't totally geared twords online play. I don't have all day to wait for matches. I guess that's the difference between 39 And 26.:mug:

Gamer tag- insiner8ter (yes I realize the "t" isn't necessary, but I had no choice)

yea, it is a tad to short.

but with the whole 39/26 comment, that would mean a shorter game would be more beneficial since you don't have all kinds of time to play a long game;)

plus the only reason i have all kinds of time right is the mortgage company i worked for closed and ofcourse layoffs came with that.

I've been a huge fan of COD4 multiplayer the past year or so, and just picked up GOW2. I'm still debating whether or not to get COD world at war but I probably will. My gamertag is the same as here: Big10 Seaner
Feel free to add me!

I beat gears 2 a few days ago. The campaign was alright, but the game definitely shines online. Horde mode is awesome! Now I'm debating whether to get fallout 3, fable 2, or save up for rock band 2.

Rock Band! Fun AND you get some exercise too!

I'm stoked about the Wrath of the Lich King for WoW, even though I'm about a year away from getting through Burning Crusades at this rate. I know I have to buy it though, because I have friends who might want to log in at my house when they visit.

Last night there were skeletal dragons swarming the back of Orgrimmar, dropping "Massive Horrors", and picking up grunts. What fun! Thrall was out joining in on the fun as the Horde tried to keep them at bay. Pretty cool event to lead up to the launch of the expansion.

Fallout 3 is the crashiest game I have seen in a long time it is very cool otherwise though. Hopefully it is patched soon.

hows it play compared to the other two? is it more fps oriented? still have turn based combat, or is it real time now?

i'm only playing wow atm. the litch king comes out this thursday, and i'll have a snazzy death knight to run around with. blood elf chick death knights...:drunk:

Well, I like it. I enjoy the games I have :ban:

i play sports games and COD4 beat COD4 in the first half a day i had it, was quite short. id love to play on xbox live against you guys but i currently do not have the money for the subscription

yeah I've been playing fable2 since release. It's great. It's not even comparable to the original. I highly recomend it if those are the games you are into.

Gamertag
Semiaz

hows it play compared to the other two? is it more fps oriented? still have turn based combat, or is it real time now?

i'm only playing wow atm. the litch king comes out this thursday, and i'll have a snazzy death knight to run around with. blood elf chick death knights...:drunk:

oh lord please don't let this be a wow thread

Just went to Target and they had a bunch of 360 and ps3 games on sale for 4-20 bucks, of course they're the older games such as rainbow 6 vegas, forza, and such. I picked up saints row since it was 4.98 and didn't want to spend 60 on a new game to kill time :D

Latest posts

Back