CO2 blanket for bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logdrum

Reaction score
Hey all-Brand new to kegging and happened to think of a possible method for optimal bottle filling from a keg:How about shooting a blast of CO2 into each bottle before filling? Other than the potential logistical challanges of switching lines, will this work? Has anyone tried this? Thanks in advance!

-d

Hey all-Brand new to kegging and happened to think of a possible method for optimal bottle filling from a keg:How about shooting a blast of CO2 into each bottle before filling? Other than the potential logistical challanges of switching lines, will this work? Has anyone tried this? Thanks in advance!

-d

Yes, you should be doing this if you plan on the bottles lasting a while.

CPFs and the Beergun do this without switching lines.

Yes, you should be doing this if you plan on the bottles lasting a while.

CPFs and the Beergun do this without switching lines.

Yes they do, but me being the *ahem* frugal guy I am, I'm looking to get away cheaply.:)

This would be in addition to the BMBF.

I fill bottles from the keg - Thump them on the table (Makes them foam) - Then cap on the foam.

The foam is full of CO2, pushing all of the oxygen out ;)

Granted, this may not be suitable for storing a beer over a year, but it's working great for me out to 4 months (So far!)

Back