raked my stout to secondary today and...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltyone

Reaction score
well it taste sour, fermanted at 68 and so i know it didnt get to warm. think im going to dumb it out what do you think??

I would leave it alone. It's in the secondary now. Set it aside and work on your next beer.

-bn

Paging Revvy....LOL

I would at least see it through and bottle it, it may age out and taste great. I've had several brews that tasted weird early on, and so far only one batch is still yucky. It's only been in the bottle for 4 weeks but if it doesn't improve in a few more I'm gonna pitch it.

You really have nothing to lose by continuing as normal, bottling it and seeing if it improves. If it doesn't, then pitch it but give it a chance.

thats what i think. jsut never had a beer taste so sour and smell like sour old beer going into secondary. ill brew a batch of the same thing tonite and see wasup.

Paging Revvy....LOL

I would at least see it through and bottle it, it may age out and taste great. I've had several brews that tasted weird early on, and so far only one batch is still yucky. It's only been in the bottle for 4 weeks but if it doesn't improve in a few more I'm gonna pitch it.

You really have nothing to lose by continuing as normal, bottling it and seeing if it improves. If it doesn't, then pitch it but give it a chance.

lol. yeah i was just reading a bunch of revvy's post on this sort of thing before i posted. yeah i figure ill give it 2 weeks then taste it before i keg it and see what happens

Not to be an alarmist, but if you even think the batch might have been infected you should very thoroughly clean and sanitize your equipment before doing another brew with it. I bleach bomb everything every few brews anyway just to be safe, just be sure to rinse everything several times then use your regular sanitizer as usual before using it. On the off chance it is a bug you don't want to risk another batch.

Back