Where have all the great deals on Cornys gone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, Chi Company had something on their website a couple of months ago saying that they bought the very last kegs from Pepsi.
I'm pretty sure that was more like "the very last keg from Pepsi west of the Mississippi" IIRC
...- it's just that all the kegs that were going to be made, have been made...

You can still buy brand spanking new ones, or at least if you are a business you can buy them. Foxx equipment, which is a wholesaler and will only deal with businesses, lists brand new 3, 5, and 10 gallon in their catalog(page 7). An un-priced version of their catalog is available on their website. http://foxxequipment.com/catalog.php New ones are expensive, but they are still being made.

You can still buy brand spanking new ones,

Not made in the US, though.

I was told by a vendor that NO 5's or 3's are made in the US at all. Even the ones sold by American companies (like Sharpsville Container, Maybe Foxx too) are made in Italy. Sharpsville still makes the 10s and 15s in the US, tho.

I just bought 4 for $32 each at the new LHBS. I had to wash them out, but they were all pressurized when I bought them. Sure beats paying for shipping.

Not made in the US, though.

I was told by a vendor that NO 5's or 3's are made in the US at all. Even the ones sold by American companies (like Sharpsville Container, Maybe Foxx too) are made in Italy. Sharpsville still makes the 10s and 15s in the US, tho.

Same is true for glass carboys, since the Mexican factory closed all the new carboys come from Italy. I suspect all of the bottle capers as well. A lot of our brewing hardware comes from overseas manufactures.

Shipping being $50. So works out to $44.50 per keg shipped, which is normal. (Morebeer has them for $39.95 with free shipping, as long as you buy two or more).

I need to stop pimping morebeer, until they start sliding me commission.

Check is in the mail. :fro:

Hell, you guys want some deals on kegs, I'll put up 25 non-refurbished kegs up for Deal of the day tomorrow. You have to stay up late to get them, but ...

I'm looking to buy about 40-50 ball locks in bulk if anyone finds a source. They don't have to be rebuilt.

I just checked www.cornykegs.com, and a 4 pack of refurbished ball lock kegs are 104.25+shipping, which is $35 for me. So thats $33/each for me on refurbished cornys. Not too bad. (I just need to bite the bullet and buy the CO2 and regulators too)

I just checked www.cornykegs.com, and a 4 pack of refurbished ball lock kegs are 104.25+shipping, which is $35 for me. So thats $33/each for me on refurbished cornys. Not too bad. (I just need to bite the bullet and buy the CO2 and regulators too)

Just so you know, those are converted pin locks.

corneykegs.com said:
Please Note: If you have Pepsi style ball lock kegs the dimensions will be different. These ball locks are converted Coke style kegs. Coke style kegs are shorter and larger in diameter than Pepsi style ball locks. Note the dimensions below.

Cleaned CornyKeg ball lock kegs have been cleaned using Coca Cola’s cleaning process and the pin lock fittings are replaced with the new CornyKeg ball lock fitting. CornyKeg.com offers a 100% money back guarantee. If you are unhappy with the function of the corny keg you may return it for a full refund. Cleaned CornyKeg Ball Lock Specs:

* Height: 22"
* Height With Ball Lock Connectors: 23"
* Weight: 10 lbs empty/50 lbs. full of brew
* Diameter: 9"

Hell, you guys want some deals on kegs, I'll put up 25 non-refurbished kegs up for Deal of the day tomorrow. You have to stay up late to get them, but ...

are you going to do this and what kind of deal are we talking about?

IIRC I've heard that people have had sealing issues with converted pin locks. something about the posts and how they thread on or something. anybody else heard of this or had issues? or am I just crazy?:drunk:

I just picked up 2 this week for $35 with o-ring kits....shipping was a flat-rate $7 for my order and I got some other stuff too... (better bottle, tube brush, beer line, etc)

$30-35 is about the best I've been able to find.

Jipper,
Racking cane is deal of the day.....did I miss something?
Bob
I WILL NEVER BUY FROM MOREBEER AGAIN!!!

(Ooh, they've got a good price on a pound of Calcium Chloride! I think I'll drive out to Concord...)

Sorry! Some how our DOD didn't fire as planned ... so it WILL go off tomorrow I promise!

I've had mead slushies and they're awesome. I tried making some myself in an icecream maker. It works, but I don't think a sweeter mead would have been better.

They have done a mead slushie and I would agree, they are awesome. You can't make them at home without a very expensive slushie machine. We have tried and they are not the same.

Sorry! Some how our DOD didn't fire as planned ... so it WILL go off tomorrow I promise!
Jipper, harass one of your managers to get 'em on the "Get to know..." sale each month. I know they were on back in April, I think, but I didn't buy enough! Plus, doesn't the deal of the day price only apply to one item?

Or better yet, just reward your loyal HBT folks with a coupon code!

Morebeer is horribly overpriced. It's like going to Macy's or something. I'd check out Keg Connection if I were you.

Hey, Macy's has good stuff though! :)

What are we horribly overpriced on? As far as I can tell, KC has the same kegs for $3 less than us.

Hey, Macy's has good stuff though! :)

What are we horribly overpriced on? As far as I can tell, KC has the same kegs for $3 less than us.

Macy's does have good stuff, and I would shop there for everything if I could afford it same with you guys... I mean, you're a big brand, so you're probably going to get the perks that go with buying from a big brand.

For the prices, I'd say your grain is more expensive, shipping is more expensive, your yeast is more expensive and you guys charge a fee to crush.

For the prices, I'd say your grain is more expensive, shipping is more expensive, your yeast is more expensive and you guys charge a fee to crush.
Just to add my two cents here. I did a group buy for some grain, and drove out to the Morebeer in Concord to snag it (since sacks are actual shipping price, and I was getting six sacks of grain plus another 60lbs of various grains to stock my library, now that I finished my crusher)

I got sacks of two row for $32.75 each. That's 65 cents a pound.
I got sacks of crystal for $42.75 each. That's 85 cents a pound.

Their yeast is $6.25 a tube for White Labs. My LHBS sells them for $7.95 and $7.49 respectively. I think I've seen them online at someplace else for $5.99, tho.

As to their shipping, I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them over the past year, and anything over $59 (it always tends to be over that, for me) has been free - including kegs. The one time it wasn't free, it was something like $6.

Charging a fee to crush is kinda weak, tho. Every other place I know of does that free. But just saying - they might not be the cheapest around for everything (those sacks of grain were an awesome deal, tho) but they're hardly OTT expensive. (Like Macys, the basts!)

Took 'em a few days, but MoreBeer's deal of the day is finally corney's - for $19! Just grabbed one myself, and though I know I'll still have to get the soda syrup out totally worth it for that price!

Damn. Was thinking the deal could stack for 4 kegs but it only gives one $11 discount. $15 shipping makes it about average.

Would have snagged some for sure at that price, but since it's just one it makes it not worth it.

Damn. Was thinking the deal could stack for 4 kegs but it only gives one $11 discount. $15 shipping makes it about average.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first (which would have been :ban: ). Oh well, needed some other stuff anyways so I just throw one in the cart and move on...

Homebrewing.org just took off their $80 per 4pk listing yesterday. I managed to scoop up 12 @ that price. Got the last cheap kegs in the US!!! I knew my mommy was right!:D

They told me they are getting asked for $25/keg from kegs purveyors. I imagine its gonna be $40+ retail in the future.

Latest posts

Back