Sam Calagione's "Extreme Brewing" recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mychalg9

Reaction score
I recently opened up a huge can of worms by getting myself into this hobby. I just bottled my first batch (a RIS extract kit) after reading plenty of books at local bookstores and libraries. I've noticed some very tasty sounding beers listed in Sam's book (Indian Brown Ale... which I love, Tripel Round the World, A to Z Brown Ale, T'ej, etc...). Im wondering if anyone has tried any of those recipes and how they turned out, and also, if it's technically "legal", if anyone has any of the recipes to share?

i just did a google seach for the indian brown ale and it linked to this site, haha....anyway check the link below

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/indian-brown-ale-dogfish-head-48622/

is it legal if you dont buy the book?!?! will Sam care...probably not. BUT having said that, i love having a good brewing related book around while i'm brewing. if you're doing All-Grain there is some downtime during the mash that you dont have a heck of a lot of to do.

I am wondering if anyone else has plugged Calagione's recipes into BrewersFriend or BeerSmith and got really different numbers than the author is putting out there?

Lou

I ordered ingredients for the BYO version of Chateau Jiahu before noticing that it was in "Extreme Brewing." They were close to each other. Drom John Neolithic Yellow River Braggot did well next to a bottle of Chateau Jiahu and got better as it aged.

Back