Keggle friction joints

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmp138

Reaction score
I just converted my keg to a keggle with weldless fittings and I am about to install some copper tubing tomorrow before I brew. I am going to use 3/8 copper tube with a scrubber at the end for a hop filter. Will I be fine just to friction fit the joint coming from the tubing into the ball valve and also is there anything I need to look for in a scrubber pad for my filter. Just want to make sure my rig is going to stand up to the boil and extract the greatest amount of wort.

I know this has been hashed over many times, just wanted to revive it for some fresh answers. Thanks so much.

Yes, with a ferrel nut you should be able to attach the cu. tubing securely. I don't know about the scrubber. I don't have anything on the end of the pickup tube for my boil pot, but I use hop bags to keep veg. matter out of the wort. I do use a s.s.braided hose for my mash tun though.
mark
Beer Diary...

Back