What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394068685.573146.jpg

Water. ****

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I think I finally got the invisible mode setting to stay off. For some reason it was on and wouldn't stay off when I tried to change it. I think I got it now.
Still drinking the Wake Up Dead Nitro. Mouthfeel is good, has some nice flavors going on. Aroma leaves something to be desired. You can definitely taste every bit of the 10.2% ABV.

It was a whole deal a few months ago. He lied that he had a kid and his expensive brewing equipment and beer was stolen so some people on here sent him a sorry gift for his trouble. Though he was not married, he lied about working for a brewery and basically stole from members here. That's the basic story but there is more to it

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

I remember that story about his rare beers being stolen. Didn't realize it was a lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My jalepeno ale,aging. I recommend making one,its a porch rocker as well. Mine didn't hit the heat well but you definatly know its jalepeno by aroma/taste. And am surprised how well it holds up. I will be making one of these again.May even keg one for the summer and pretty shure the bmc relatives will enjoy it. Weird has a slippery/silky texture. Winner.Winner. Its almost like a pale ale but the hops are jalepeno. Not bad for having a few wrinkly azz jalepenos that may have not been that fresh. Definatly didn't hit the heat for me but shure turned out nice for my first one. Hell yes. Brew that shaz. Having some more old homebrew,cold enough off the basement floor. Thanks to this looooooooooooooooooooong & good ol nasty winter.

My jalepeno ale,aging. I recommend making one,its a porch rocker as well. Mine didn't hit the heat well but you definatly know its jalepeno by aroma/taste. And am surprised how well it holds up. I will be making one of these again.May even keg one for the summer and pretty shure the bmc relatives will enjoy it. Weird has a slippery/silky texture. Winner.Winner. Its almost like a pale ale but the hops are jalepeno. Not bad for having a few wrinkly azz jalepenos that may have not been that fresh.

Sounds.... good? :confused:

Sounds.... good? :confused:

It is, I was worried about the lack of seasonal jalepenos when I brewed it but it really turned out to be a great ale.Used a recipe from the complete hombrew beer book also. Its one I would be proud to hand out. And have a sixer of it still yet. Great summer beer type beer. With beer cheese/ homemade pretzels, are you kidding me? Heaven. that's what Im talkin bout.

Nightcap. Some Irish cream added for good measure.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394074043.469757.jpg
Edit: Bring on the diabeetus!! ;)

Is simcoe a good black IPA hop? I'm really picky with that style, so I'm curious how that turned out.

I still cant decide that. Its still young but right now its really bitter. Its not bad, but its certainly not balanced. 10oz for 5 gallons may have been much, but i had an older pound im trying to get rid of. I could send you one in a week or so if you wanna put together a small trade.

I still cant decide that. Its still young but right now its really bitter. Its not bad, but its certainly not balanced. 10oz for 5 gallons may have been much, but i had an older pound im trying to get rid of. I could send you one in a week or so if you wanna put together a small trade.

Oh ok. I prefer piney hops in my black IPA's as opposed to fruity or citrusy.

I'm not sure about a trade. I'm low on funds right now.

Oh ok. I prefer piney hops in my black IPA's as opposed to fruity or citrusy.

I'm not sure about a trade. I'm low on funds right now.

Thats not a problem. Its definitely not fruity or citrusy so this may be for you, mixed with another hop to compliment it.

So we had our homebrew club meeting tonight at a local brewery that was started last year by a club member. Nice. His Irish red however, was flat :(
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394075530.903673.jpg

The ESB was good though
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394075574.567701.jpg

Had a chit-load of homebrew samples (a couple of duds, but most were really good.)

Home now having a night cap that I know I'm going to regret in the morning...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394075704.001103.jpg

Chub while packing my first round entries.

Oh how I dislike you in the 99% who had your entries accepted! ;)

Wow. Looks murky as hell!

It was ... worst beer of his I've had. Overall I think he does a good job of brewing to style but I think he rushed that red to get it on tap in March.

Wow. Looks murky as hell!

My first 5gal batch was a Midwest/Groupon extract Irish Red kit that I added a crap-ton of DME to, and about 4oz of Centennial, looked close to the same. The beer was bad, but miles beyond the Mr Beer kits I was doing previous. Super ugly beer.

Started the night with old Rasputin RIS, now rocking... Someones double Stout, don't remember brewery, its new to me.

Two dark stouts with high ABV, feeling pretty decent.

Found out the wife is expecting. Seems to be a good day for that! This is my third... Awesome but its gonna get crazy!

And while I'm drinking, I am baking some spent grain bread out of my Irish red ale grains from Sunday.

Started the night with old Rasputin RIS, now rocking... Someones double Stout, don't remember brewery, its new to me.

Two dark stouts with high ABV, feeling pretty decent.

Found out the wife is expecting. Seems to be a good day for that! This is my third... Awesome but its gonna get crazy!

And while I'm drinking, I am baking some spent grain bread out of my Irish red ale grains from Sunday.

Let me tobe the first to say congrats! Again.

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

Back