Apollo - Sixpoint Brewey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifraf

Reaction score
I just had this for the first time, it's a very lightly soured wheat. Not a fan of most wheats and I can't stand sour beers but somehow this one grew on me as I drank it. Anyone else try it?

Yep. I was disappointed at first, as I can't stand sours. But its only slightly sour and it grew on me. Not a bad beer, for a change of pace. Can't see myselff drinking too much of it though

Felt the same way, by the end of it I was thinking that I could drink one of those from time to time...could be a gateway for me into sours.

"The unmistakable flavor of a Bavarian Wheat, but with a clear golden brilliance and a Sixpoint twist. An entirely unique canned offering for the sun-worshipping ale lovers."

I think "twist" and "unique" are their way of saying slightly sour

i dont think its suppose to be sour

From the can: "Apollo is our summer wheat; a special tart and refreshing ray of illumination."

I've never been able to get into Six Point for some reason, but this is interesting. I'm not yet willing to say I like it, but it is interesting enough that I'll buy it again. I'll even forgive their misused semi-colon.

From the can: "Apollo is our summer wheat; a special tart and refreshing ray of illumination."

I've never been able to get into Six Point for some reason, but this is interesting. I'm not yet willing to say I like it, but it is interesting enough that I'll buy it again. I'll even forgive their misused semi-colon.

Sixpoint is pretty much my favorite brewery. I love they they don't brew to styles and love experiments and do things like brew with wild yeast cultivated from rooftops in Brooklyn. I liked the Apollo, not my favorite, but a decently enjoyable summer ale for drinking while grilling or something.

Since they don't brew to style, I'd say give 'em another shot if the beer sounds interesting. They've got a Spice of Life series which are single hop IPAs that I've been enjoying when I see them.

Back