What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear Shipyard tastes 10x better when you're fishing on a lake in Maine while consuming some of their beer.

Only beer i had from shipyard i liked was the smashed blueberry... I went on the brewery tour last year when i was in portland... They basically said here it is and that was it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Those from Scotland do. not that I am from Scotland,mind you.

More Dubhe.

Sent from my mobile device, pardon my brevity.

Ha, that's funny because I'm actually watching an episode of Brew Dogs right now.

I could go for one or two more drinks. Gonna call it a night as I have to workout tomorrow morning before Super Bowl floccing shopping.

'Night, all.

You do realize you have a whole other week for that right? You know you want to drink more tonight. :D

I do wanna drink like a floccing fish. I've been pretty ***ed up since around 6pm

Only beer i had from shipyard i liked was the smashed blueberry... I went on the brewery tour last year when i was in portland... They basically said here it is and that was it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Been there, too. Beers are mediocre. But like I said, I swear they all taste better when you're fishing on a lake. So peaceful.

I usually hammer Penobscot Bay beers when I'm up there at the cabin (Moosehead Lake).

Awww! Actually, I did a quick taste and purchase and left...had some other things to do. But I will def be heading back to their next event. Message me and we'll coordinate next time!

That would be awesome! And I can meet wife pants as well. Does she like hefeweizens? Have one I just bottle today, Honey Orange hefe.

Only one? I have a whole movie to go.

Sent from my mobile device, pardon my brevity.

One more IPA, not one more berr...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390710352.396577.jpg

Berr, beer ...sloppy sat

Stillwater existent, black saison
EDIT -what movie? Just turned on original Alien- tom skerrit is young...

Had a gift card to use at a Whole Foods that I received as a Christmas gift, so I bought some frivolous foodie things and a few beers to try. I've seen others drinking Lagunitas Sucks brews on this thread and they had a "Brown Shugga' Substitue Ale"...so I picked up a single to try. Drinking that now...I'm not a pro at the critique thing, but it strikes me as "hoppy grapefruit...maybe a little pine resin". Interesting...I think I like it. Am I in the ballpark? Also bought a German Hefe, because I've got an HB in the primary in that style and I want a comparison. I also picked up some Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA...because I want the shark bottles for an HB I'm doing for a friend that dives. Finally, I grabbed a 4-pack of Brooklyn Chocolate Stout...because I just want to try it! And I think I can reuse all the bottles I bought today...bonus!

Yeah>< sucks, I would throw in juicy/tropical- amidst bubblegummy and kinda spicey too, having one now myself. I like the newer DFH bottles myself for homebrews, despite the DFH haters. Labels come off real nice too. I will admit though, I was infatuated with 60 and 90 until I tried so many other good ipas and doubles and I was new to ipa's when I first discoved them and I will say they are still good but never what I remembered them when and where my palate was at in those days.

Yeah>< sucks, I would throw in juicy/tropical- amidst bubblegummy and kinda spicey too, having one now myself. I like the newer DFH bottles myself for homebrews, despite the DFH haters. Labels come off real nice too.

True. But I don't get bubblegum out of that.

free beer is good. free B-Day beer is great. great free B-Day beer is priceless.

Sad part is, I was more excited about the Timothy Taylor Landlord than anything else (including the Cantillon). Last I was aware, that stuff was not exported to the US. The guy told me Shelton Bros hooked em up with a few cases. I don't know if it's just DC liquor laws (basically bars can grey market beer legally), but it had US labeling/warnings and the bottle redemption stuff for various states, so maybe they've started importing it.

In any event, that stuff was delicious. And tasted a LOT like my Ordinary Bitter (which I need to brew again soon, and I'm not shocked, considering I use Timothy Taylor's yeast for anything English)

I kind of like watching that show. But their accents and their personality... Kind of pisses me off Hahah

Yeah, it's an okay show, but maybe best suited to just having on in the background while surfing HBT.

True. But I don't get bubblegum out of that.

Sweet candy tropical, when I put it together it comes across like that to me. Sweet juicy and tropical Im definatly getting right now at the bottom of my glass as Im finishing it off, cant even really recall getting that out of the last few bottles Ive had a few days before, but this one has warmed up a little more maybe. I was even a little hesitant on saying bubblegum but the fruit,juicy, and sweet combo confirmed that for me. Maybe Id better pick up another 6er to really think this out? Ha. I would also like to metion how this bubblegum thing reminds me of stone ipa. I liked the ipa but didn't love it, it was a little to fruity for me somehow but still good but sucks is not that bubblegummy. think it has something to do with stones yeast though.

That would be awesome! And I can meet wife pants as well. Does she like hefeweizens? Have one I just bottle today, Honey Orange hefe.
In retrospect, I realize how crazy I sound. :eek:
Sweet candy tropical, when I put it together it comes across like that to me. Sweet juicy and tropical Im definatly getting right now at the bottom of my glass as Im finishing it off, cant even really recall getting that out of the last few bottles Ive had a few days before, but this one has warmed up a little more maybe. I was even a little hesitant on saying bubblegum but the fruit,juicy, and sweet combo confirmed that for me.

I am having it now. I see what you mean.

Had friends over tonight, They had not had a chance to have my brews. We had a nice Brown ale, Honey ale and an African amber. Can we say a good time was had by all.

I just finished a 750 ml bottle of Golden Draak Belgian ale. I'm so good to myself I love me sometimes....:D

I chased it with a bottle of the Shipwreck Saison I brewed last month. Obviously not as strong, and it hasn't been aged long enough yet for the complexities of taste to finish evolving. But I wasn't shamed by the company my homebrew was keeping.... thank you again for that recipe, Channel66.

You replied to a quote from yourself, that's some good stuff right there. Ha. Ha. I thought I was the only one entertaining myself tonight also!

Had friends over tonight, They had not had a chance to have my brews. We had a nice Brown ale, Honey ale and an African amber. Can we say a good time was had by all.

Well, did you mean American amber or what? Or am I racist? Because if its African amber I want to brew it making me not racist Or maybe Im racist against American ambers-how would you know?. Only because Ive never heard of African amber which sounds interesting to me, and Im a white guy too. And if I didn't like American ambers, what would that make me, American amber racist?

Polishing off a bomber of Stone "Enjoy By 02.14.14 IPA." Absolutely wonderful drink for sure. Need to snag a couple more before they "expire." Cheers.

The wife doesn't really get into the homebrew scene, but encourages me. She has recently started enjoying some beers though and I think a honey orange hefe sounds like something she would like! I'm within a couple of days of bottling a plain hefe for a friend...of course I need to hold back a few bottles for evaluation ;o) Next time, I might try something with a citrus addition...I have enjoyed Pyramid with orange slice in the past.

Having a nightcap of Brooklyn Brewery's Chocolate Stout and Whole Foods Salted Caramel Gelato...nice combo!

IMAG2477.jpg

Fourt ?+ pint of apfelwein while cleaning up my mess from brewing. Glad I do extract and pm inside since it's ridiculously cold outside... now time to run out for a smoke to freeze haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

ha ha! Not crazy! I don't know about the bubblegum on the Lagunitas. But I'm new at expanding my horizons on beer styles and critiques. I was pretty impressed with myself for getting grapefruit and pine/resin!

Well, I meant to do it. I realized how crazy I was being at the prospect of having people to do something with. It's pathetic, I know.

Not at all...I'm kinda happy to have met someone else to talk to about brewing! Wow...up later than I was planning. I think I need to grab one of those 60 minute IPA's from Dogfish...so I can free up another bottle! I have a 5 gallon batch of hefe to bottle and about 14 bottles available, most of which still have labels on them. I guess I'm going to have to go buy some more.

Just noticed that and had to edit, although, I did see Dogfish has a 90 minute...but it's a dollar more for 4 bottles instead of 6!

I have one last 120 minute aged 2 years come April. I gave one away, drank more, and shared one. I wish I had more.

Back