Fermenting Temperatures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLubbert

Reaction score
Hey there partners:

I just wanted to know how do you handle this issue.

I put mi 5 gallons plastic carboys into a bigger pot with water on the outside and control the water outside only with ice (i have not brewed beer during cold times)...

Now, this is my question: What automatic posibilities do we have to mantain a certain temperature?

Cheers :mug: :D

I use air conditioning. I have a storage shed that I try to keep at 60 degrees F (15.5C) , but it tends to run closer to 65F (18.3C), which is fine for ales.

You could modify a refrigerator or a freezer to disable the existing thermostat and replace it with a more accurate temperature controller, like a Johnson Controls Refrigerator Thermostat. That's just an example. You'd need to find one that works with your 220 volt 50 Hertz power down there in Chile.

You could also build an insulated fermentation box (there are many designs on this forum) so that your ice lasts longer.

Back