Beer Exchange

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altenmuenster

Reaction score
Some friends of mine are hosting a Beer Exchange holiday party next weekend. I'm pretty psyched. The basic idea is that you bring a case of beer (commercial brew) something unique with a price floor of $30.

If I hadn't just started homebrewing I would show up with a case of something delicious and of my own, and I think I'll shoot for that for next year's party.

What commercial brew would you bring to a party like this. Of course, you have to keep in mind I live in Pennsylvania which has arcane and ludicrous alcohol laws and our distributors kind of suck.

If you know of a decent Pittsburgh area distributor please let me know.

Save Mor is where I always go. Right across the Homestead High Level Bridge if your familiar with the area.

As far as a case suggestion, I would go with Sierra Nevada Celebration. I think it's 33 bucks there, so you could either lie and say you got it on sale for 30, or take 2 bottles for yourself!

Edit: Looking at Savemor's website, they have Hopdevil on sale for 26.99, and Woodchuck for 27.99. They have all their prices listed on the website, seem to be kept updated frequently. Another good distributor I've been to is Duffy's Beer and Pop Warehouse on Currl Hollow Road in Pleasant Hills/Baldwin area.

I live right near Duffy's but have never been in. I'll stop by - - by price floor I meant a minimum of $30:cool:

Well, what you take really depends on your tastes, the tastes of others at the party as well as what others will be bringing. You don't want everyone to show up with a case of IPA or something. Anyways, being from PA myself (near Erie) here are a few breweries that I can get cases from here that I love:
-Southern Tier
-Victory
-Troeggs
-Voodoo
-Ommegang

I live right near Duffy's but have never been in. I'll stop by - - by price floor I meant a minimum of $30:cool:

Ahhhh that changes things! Doesn't make much sense not having a max price though.

Unless you want to go with DFH 120, might I suggest Troeg's Mad Elf... Can be had for 50 bones....

Ahhhh that changes things! Doesn't make much sense not having a max price though.

Unless you want to go with DFH 120, might I suggest Troeg's Mad Elf... Can be had for 50 bones....

DFH 120 runs $150 a case. That might be a bit much. Also, good luck finding Mad Elf in cases. It gets bought up as soon as it hits the shelves.

Save Mor had some on the shelf this weekend. The DFH suggestion was meant to be somewhat of a joke.

BTW: Where/when is this party and how do I get invited?!

DFH 120 runs $150 a case. That might be a bit much. Also, good luck finding Mad Elf in cases. It gets bought up as soon as it hits the shelves.
$150 wouldn't be bad based on the $9.99/bottle we pay here!

I second the mad elf suggestion though, good choice especially this time of year.

Ha. Mad elf had vanished immediately.

Went middle of the road, dogfish head chicory stout. Havent had it. Hoping to snag a bottle.

Back