Solution to electric burner issue??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
I have one of those electric cooktops with the all flat glass tops. The pot covers the entire burner and makes it turn off when it is on it. I am guessing because the heat sensor goes off.

The result is the heat does not stay on like I need it to to give me a decent boil. If it would just stay on, like it does when uncovered, I'd have no problems. Has anyone experienced this?

I can't say that I have. I have a finished basement "apartment" (2 BR, 1 BA, Laundry room, NG fireplace, 18X19 LR, dining room, and full kitchen) that has the cheapest electric stove ever and what I find is that it will not boil 2.5 gallons of water. I have to take it upstairs to our LG naturgal gas stove and boil it there, and carry that downstairs where that electric stove will maintain a boil. I had 2.5 gal of water on that electric stove for 45 minutes and it only got up to 180 degree water temps.

I think most folks get a propane burner and move outside.

I boiled on an electric stove for a while. It takes a long time but it will work. I have a propane jet burner now and wow that thing works great. Cost is about 45.00 for the burner plus propane.

I have one of those electric cooktops with the all flat glass tops. The pot covers the entire burner and makes it turn off when it is on it. I am guessing because the heat sensor goes off.

The result is the heat does not stay on like I need it to to give me a decent boil. If it would just stay on, like it does when uncovered, I'd have no problems. Has anyone experienced this?

My glasstop stove does that. I don't brew on it, though.

Latest posts

Back