Byo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
Hey all who want more pictures of the 5 gal mash/tun. This month's issue of BYO has one. It is an exact spitting image of mine actually. Down to them suggesting that you get a Kewler Kit. They have the SS false bottom with it too:) It's a pretty cool article :mug:

It is a valve/bulkhead fitting assembly that you use to install a manifold/false bottom into a cooler.

These are Cooler kits, not Kewler Kits, but you will get the idea.

Truble said:
It is a valve/bulkhead fitting assembly that you use to install a manifold/false bottom into a cooler.

These are Cooler kits, not Kewler Kits, but you will get the idea.

No, those are Kewler Kits. I just got one from NB a couple of weeks ago. The one I bought on that page was "#7557 Kewler Kitz Bulkhead" There's also a "#8305 Kewler Kitz XL Bulkhead".

Well, what I'm saying is that the item "#7557 Kewler Kitz Bulkhead" that I bought from Northern Brewer two weeks ago is a Kewler Kitz item, that very brand and not "essentially the same thing". It came in a plastic bag packaged exactly like those bulkhead plus valve kits on your most recently posted link, and said "Kewler KItz (TM)" on it.

A little pricey. You can get parts from the hardware store and assemble it much cheaper.

beer4breakfast said:
Well, what I'm saying is that the item "#7557 Kewler Kitz Bulkhead" that I bought from Northern Brewer two weeks ago is a Kewler Kitz item, that very brand and not "essentially the same thing". It came in a plastic bag packaged exactly like those bulkhead plus valve kits on your most recently posted link, and said "Kewler KItz (TM)" on it.

Gotcha. Must just be a web page thing!

Sean said:
A little pricey. You can get parts from the hardware store and assemble it much cheaper.

Well. Not exactly. But it does not have to be exact. The brass nut is machined. The rubber washers are also rated at 250 + degrees (forgot the exact number... someone here mentioned it).

Pumbaa said:
Which issue are you guys refering too? I still have the one with the wierd Kiwibeer guy on the cover

There is an October issue out. This is the one with the extract chart and Mash/tun project.

Back