Electric BIAB Basement Brewery aka Lone Wolf Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything looks good so far. They are shipping the basket from the builder and I emailed today about the lid?? Havent gotten a reply yet. Hoping to get that issue resolved soon.

On another note... spent the last couple days watching drywalling videos... those guys make it look so easy!! I made a few mistakes, but never came out quite the way they showed. I am seriously thinking of hiring the rest of that part of the job out for the bar and theater... Hanging isnt bad.. but finishing... takes a lot more work then I thought.

The SS tri clamp element I got is seriously nice. Beautifully machined and very robust!! Electric Brewing Supply is where I got all the panel parts, well most of them. Super fast shipping and fast email times.

On another note... spent the last couple days watching drywalling videos... those guys make it look so easy!! I made a few mistakes, but never came out quite the way they showed. I am seriously thinking of hiring the rest of that part of the job out for the bar and theater... Hanging isnt bad.. but finishing... takes a lot more work then I thought.

Ain't that the truth! I tried skim coating the walls in our house cause the previous owner had "splat painted" turquoise, purple and pink paints on the wall (kids room) and it was thick. Thought I was doing a good job until I shined a high powered work light on the wall and looked at it at an angle...horrible! Hurt having to pony up the $500 to have it done, but wow was it worth it. Guy did it in 6 hours and it looked perfect

Spray painted the walls and ceiling, it actually came out pretty well. I learned a lot about what to do and what not to do. Practice makes perfect.

Tiling the wall today and floor tomorrow.

wall tile work, man's best friend. i about wanted to saw my head off when i did our tile shower but at the end of the day, it looks really good.

awesome work!

i suppose a large wall wouldn't be too bad, my experience is warped by the shower work. the leveling wasn't bad, it was all the cutting. each wall had two cuts or eight cuts a row. the part above the entry was the worst as there was no row below to rest the tile on!

This wasn't bad...but cuts definitely slowed me down. Took 3 hrs start to finish. 70 st.

Lol...its not that great...wife picked color...i agree. I think the main hall will get this as well...another 800 sf or so. Bar will be different.

Well part of the costs are for the whole basement and not just the Brewery.

wyowolf

What kind of Pre-Rinse sprayer did you get?

Does it leak ?

Nice work on the Brewery !

Steve

Not sure of make...but bought on ebay...will get link. Same one we have at work...at least looks exact same. Paid 130ish

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Commerc...038697?hash=item5b06ad35a9:g:oGYAAOSw9mFWH540

this is the one I bought.

Also when drilling the panel, dont be a ******* like me. PRE DRILL the holes with largest drill you have before you use the uni bit!! Like an idiot I used a 1/4 to start... I then realized I have a 5/8 bit that took 80% of the work out of it!! sigh... at least i only drilled two holes that way before I realized.

I doped up the main parts. And thick teflon on the nipples...so far no leaks...except for hand fitted the pvc pipe out of the pump...hand fitting will not hold pressure fyi !

Couple technical probs...need the NO blocks for switches...and keyed switch is backwards. ..

Having some issues. Water pump seems to work fine. But light is always on. Element light also on....checked wiring and is per schematic above...thoughts?

I would think the white light would only come on when it is firing?.. but both the WP and element lights come on immediately.

Not sure if this is your issue, but if they are controlled by SSR's and the load is not plugged in, the SSR will leak some voltage and light the light. I Had that happen on my controller when I turned it on without the elements plugged in. Good luck.

Oh ok...that may be it. I plan to do some more testing this evening. Thank you!

Back